How to Downsize System Size?-img_20150604_192959.png

I have Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.680 and updated through OTA.

As you can see, the System size is 5.77GB and I have a feeling that isn't right. The phone works well with some bugs but I would like to regain some of that internal storage and maybe a clean install will remedy those bugs too.

What are my options to start over with a clean install? And I'm fine with staying with the current official software release.

FYI, the bugs are:
    - Advanced Interactions worked the first day, and then stopped working completely (what a tease)
    - after a battery swap, the top part of Week View in Calendar sometimes crunches together
    - hide action bar when scrolling only works in the Hub
    - frame rates still drop when transitioning from Hub to home screen and/or between home screens

Also, this OS Release seems to be highly optimized for the Z10 because under heavy usage I don't get the long audio pauses while listening to music or podcasts when opening apps or webpages, apps won't close out under heavy use like before, the android runtime opens apps quicker and performs smoother than with previous builds, and data heavy apps like BBM load faster.

Thanks for your help!

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    Last edited by sibeans; 06-07-15 at 02:39 PM.
    06-06-15 05:46 AM
    a reload of the OS might trim the system file down a little but I'm not sure that really matters. If your phone is working optimally right now, i would leave it be.
    06-07-15 11:21 AM
    a reload of the OS might trim the system file down a little but I'm not sure that really matters. If your phone is working optimally right now, i would leave it be.
    As with any computing device, once the internal storage gets past a certain point of almost full device performance will suffer. I had to trim a lot out of the z10 to have a decent cushion of free space. And I'm thinking a little ahead if the next update is a similar size or even more, then I'd have to go through the trouble of deleting more out of it again to get it that +2GB cushion.

Also, I found the KB34045 article about OS reload and it says:

"The following procedure will delete all data and applications on the BlackBerry device."

So will a Link reload delete all data in the device including the System data and reinstall everything? Like something akin to flashing a factory image to a Nexus device.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    06-07-15 02:35 PM