I try to do this when boarding a plane, but then sometimes I find it seems to be still on
    06-02-16 12:06 PM
    I try to do this when boarding a plane, but then sometimes I find it seems to be still on
    Airplane mode simply disables the wireless transmission functions of your device. The device doesn't have to be powered completely down. To access airplane mode: two-finger swipe down from the top to access system settings and toggle airplane mode. This allows you to adhere to FAA regulations and still use your phone for non-telephony uses.
    You can use airplane mode.. or hold the power button to turn off. It probably fires up when you accidentally press the power button in your pocket

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    06-02-16 12:30 PM
    Airplane mode simply disables the wireless transmission functions of your device. The device doesn't have to be powered completely down. To access airplane mode: two-finger swipe down from the top to access system settings and toggle airplane mode. This allows you to adhere to FAA regulations and still use your phone for non-telephony uses.
    06-02-16 12:36 PM