Somehow I managed to put my text icon in a folder with another program icon which I don't use. When I tried to retrieve the text icon, the entire folder deleted. I use my text everyday, and want to restore the icon. I am NOT a techie. I have looked in the manual and on-line, and cannot find an answer to "how to add or restore an icon." Is there a way to do this without defaulting to the original set up? It has taken me two weeks to get as far as I have. PLEASE HELP!
    11-14-14 09:53 AM
    I think using link you can do a full back up and do a factory reset to get latest official OS. the do a restore but not a full restore pick and choose just what you need (data, etc.) If your running a leak do back up and reload leak and restore as stated.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-14-14 09:58 AM
    Somehow I managed to put my text icon in a folder with another program icon which I don't use. When I tried to retrieve the text icon, the entire folder deleted. I use my text everyday, and want to restore the icon. I am NOT a techie. I have looked in the manual and on-line, and cannot find an answer to "how to add or restore an icon." Is there a way to do this without defaulting to the original set up? It has taken me two weeks to get as far as I have. PLEASE HELP!
    Are you sure you didn't inadvertantly move the folder to another folder, effectively "burying deeper"? look deeper.
    Or as Jimberry said may be you only alternative.
    11-14-14 10:02 AM
    I hope you have a backup of the os...If not - Wait for the next OS to release!...Should get your icon back!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:05 AM
    Can you not use the text messaging portion of the hub? The texts icon was just a shortcut to that.

If you still don't wish or just can't wrap yourself around the beauty of the hub, then I suppose you could download an app like "Shortcuts Creator", that let's you add a shortcut for your accounts on the homescreen.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-14-14 10:05 AM