when I start a song on youtube and hit the screen saver the song used to just keep playing. Now when the screen saver/screen lock is enabled the video pauses.
    01-19-17 08:23 AM
    sure would help to know what device/OS/app you use...
    01-19-17 12:18 PM
    Yo! I just realized this. What happened ? This was so good for BlackBerry. Even when I minimize or open new tab the video will stop playing. Since when did this happen ?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 02:16 PM
    This has to be a youtube thing. Not a BlackBerry thing.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 02:21 PM
    Private browser worked perfect like before for me though. Try that!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 02:27 PM
    My youtube isnt playing again...... on bb10.3.2 Q10

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 11:02 PM
    I cannot play anything on YouTube, in full screen or other wise. Anyone having the same problem?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 03:48 AM
    Mate i found it, all youve got to do is clear all your cookies and browsing history, and youre back, you can again play videos on youtube app in black berry 10 while the window is minimised or the screen is locked.
    LeoCru likes this.
    04-17-17 05:12 PM
    This is so frustrating! I don't know about the app but if you use youtube through the browser it pauses every time you minimize or lock the screen. This was a huge advantage of BlackBerry and I hope there's a fix.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 07:06 AM
    This is so frustrating! I don't know about the app but if you use youtube through the browser it pauses every time you minimize or lock the screen. This was a huge advantage of BlackBerry and I hope there's a fix.

Posted via CB10
    First, there is nothing exclusive to BB10 about running YouTube in the background. Android can do it easily too.

Second, just do as above - clear your browser cookies and history. I have no issues on mine.
    04-18-17 07:46 AM
    Another quick fix is to click play on the video you want then hurry up and minimize the screen before the video loads/play and then it plays with no problem in the background, but if you go into the YouTube browser, it will mess up again.

Ugh I hope somebody can create a fix since it's technically still playing in the background with this fix, it's not until you open it again it messed up.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-17 06:27 PM
    So I tried everything and this is the solution that finally worked for me!!!

Turn off block pop-up
    Clear cookie, history
    Go to youtube
    Play something
    Turn on block pop-up

Posted via CB10
    LeoCru likes this.
    04-18-17 06:31 PM
    So I tried everything and this is the solution that finally worked for me!!!

Turn off block pop-up
    Clear cookie, history
    Go to youtube
    Play something
    Turn on block pop-up

Posted via CB10

This is the only thing that has worked for me. However if you turn block pop-up back on and close the browser you have to repeat the steps again.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 06:58 AM
    This is the only thing that has worked for me. However if you turn block pop-up back on and close the browser you have to repeat the steps again.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't have to repeat the steps and my Pop-Up block is on.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-17 08:24 AM
    ive tried all of the step mentioned here, the only one that works for me is quickly locking the screen before a video has chance to start playing. my BBP let me play stuff in locked screen only 2 days ago, then suddenly this crap starts happening. I'm sure it must be some kind of update
    04-28-17 12:58 PM
    Youtube has made some changes on their end that doesn't allow or makes difficult background play. It affects multiple apps and multiple platforms so BB is not to blame. This 'feature' wasn't going to last anyway. You can't expect Google to lose money on advertising forever while they are paying content providers for views.
    LeoCru likes this.
    04-28-17 01:06 PM
    Well, that is the end of the background play on bb10, one one function about to go. We are losing functionality as time passes.........its time to look for alternative youtube app or something that will allow background play as this is really frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 03:31 PM
    When all fail, turn on desktop mode.

Posted via Blackberry Passport
    04-28-17 04:43 PM
    What's up fellow Crackheads lol, I have found a surefire fix that will work for everyone:

1. Go to youtube and select any video

2. Go to the end of the URL and simply type: &app=desktop, then press enter

3. Enjoy your BlackBerry as usual!

I have a Q10, 10.3.3.1463, and this youtube anomaly just happened to me last week.

Using this quick fix, we no longer have to go through the trouble of manually selecting desktop mode just to watch/listen to videos like we've been accustomed to before this nonsense happened.

P.S. While viewing videos in fullscreen, you might notice the controls (play/pause, fast forward/rewind, etc.) are not visible while watching. However, a cool little feature allows you to double-tap the video, where it will zoom in, and the controls will be visible again. When you are finished rewinding/fast forwarding, simply double-tap the video again to zoom it back to normal ratio again.

Long Live BB10! Jah Bless you all.
    05-01-17 10:30 PM