On my BB9900 I had 4 emails accounts, one of which was for my company email. The company uses Exchange but does not have BES. Set up on the 9900 required my email address and password and worked fine. On the Q10, the other 3 accounts when in fine, but my company email indicates a problem with the user name or password. Since the old device worked fine and the email address and password work when I sign in through my laptop, I am sure I am entering the information correctly. Can anyone provide some clues?
    01-12-15 06:37 PM
    Are you setting up under exchange or other, try both.
    01-12-15 06:44 PM
    Are you using your email as the user name, or are you using your Domain\user name? Try the latter and see if there's any difference. Also check and make sure that your company doesn't have to approve your access to email via EAS.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 07:20 PM
    Previous device was probably owa since no bes was envolved.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-12-15 09:39 PM
    What is owa? The company never had to do anything for those using BB9900s. I'm the only one who has acquired a Q10. The entry in the past, and as I have tried it on the Q10 is just the email address as anyone would address an email from outside the company, e.g. [email protected]
    01-13-15 06:46 PM
    What is owa? The company never had to do anything for those using BB9900s. I'm the only one who has acquired a Q10. The entry in the past, and as I have tried it on the Q10 is just the email address as anyone would address an email from outside the company, e.g. [email protected]
    Outlook Web App - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry if Google was broken. Seems to be working now. As for your information needed to login, I would actually recommend speaking with your email system administrator. No way for us to know what that information would be. Just ask them the basic login requirements. Server settings and such.
    01-13-15 07:20 PM
    I have spoken to my administrator. He is clueless as well. As for information, there is no other information requested when setting up an account on either the Q10 or the 9900. email address and the password are all it gives spaces for. The 9900 works and the Q10 doesn't.
    01-13-15 08:02 PM
    Are you able to view the server settings on the 9900? That would provide the information or at least it should. You may just need to add the "correct" information on the q10 account.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-13-15 08:15 PM
    Are you able to view the server settings on the 9900? That would provide the information or at least it should. You may just need to add the "correct" information on the q10 account.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    I have never seen server settings on the 9900 and even if I found such I don't know where to enter them on the Q10.
    01-14-15 08:40 AM
    do you get an email after you add the account?

I'm betting it's like mine. you will need to put in the actual domain name\username and your imap/smtp settings and then if you do receive an email saying the device is denied they will need to add the q10's IMEI number to the authorized email database.

you should be able to get those from your outlook desktop
    01-14-15 10:35 AM
    do you get an email after you add the account?

I'm betting it's like mine. you will need to put in the actual domain name\username and your imap/smtp settings and then if you do receive an email saying the device is denied they will need to add the q10's IMEI number to the authorized email database.

you should be able to get those from your outlook desktop
    I don't ever get the account set up at all. I get an error while trying to set up the account. With no account I obviously don't receive an email.
    01-14-15 06:56 PM
    You need to have some notion of what the email service your company uses is. If it's godaddy, you will be doing imap, if it's Exchange, you might be able to do active sync. It's the same no matter what phone you use. Your old 9900 is on a BES or BIS I assume which is why it seems easier.

Also, this is the admin argument for running BES... easy client set up

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 07:01 PM
    will like to know more
    Are you seriously gonna post this comment in all threads?

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-15-15 06:16 AM
    Well, I finally got the answer I needed through my admin. He had to research it. The answer is I had to go into the set up for an Exchange Server (little navigational confusion but found it) then go into Advanced Settings. There was nothing in the menu called Advanced Settings, but there was an icon at the bottom that was completely unclear so I tried that and it turned out to be the Advanced Settings. From there I gave it the required information, all of which I had.

This was not obvious, but my problem is solved after 3 weeks of back and forth with my company admin.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    01-16-15 06:42 PM
    Well, I finally got the answer I needed through my admin. He had to research it. The answer is I had to go into the set up for an Exchange Server (little navigational confusion but found it) then go into Advanced Settings. There was nothing in the menu called Advanced Settings, but there was an icon at the bottom that was completely unclear so I tried that and it turned out to be the Advanced Settings. From there I gave it the required information, all of which I had.

This was not obvious, but my problem is solved after 3 weeks of back and forth with my company admin.
    Excellent, glad to hear.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 02:06 AM