How do i set my personal email account if I have no IT Policy, the Enterprise service was removed and I am only using a prepaid SIM card. Carrier wont assist me.
    11-21-14 07:30 AM
    How do i set my personal email account if I have no IT Policy, the Enterprise service was removed and I am only using a prepaid SIM card. Carrier wont assist me.
    Do you have an active BIS service on your Prepaid plan? If not then you don't add your email to the device.

Call your carrier and ask them to add a BIS plan. If they won't or can't then your done and need to find another device to use if Email is your primary use.
    11-21-14 10:43 AM
    If you're talking about IT Policy then you've got a "BBOS" (not BB10) device - some of the best devices out there still! I am guessing that this is a second hand phone and that you've done a "security wipe" and that you have started fresh just like from the factory. If not - that is the best place to start.

BBOS phones required a so called "BIS" data plan for them to work. Instead of "IT Policy" the phone would get a "Service Book" from the Carrier and that would get things going for you. SOME things will work on just WiFi alone but not too many applications or other functions.

Which Carrier and Country are you working with as you are trying to set up? That might help a little,too.

Good luck! (It's not hard - just a little time consuming the first time).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-21-14 10:56 AM