I recently acquired a classic to replace my bold 9900 because the Mic was dying. I understood the two to be similar, however the classic is forcing all my my emails into "the hub".

I have separate email accounts for work, home, and other organizations. On my bold each of these showed up as a different email account on the main screen.

Can I separate my email accounts on the main screen and circumvent "the hub" on the classic? If so how.

Really hoping to find out soon so I can return the classic...all my emails in one place defeats the purpose of having different email addresses.

Allan
    01-16-15 09:36 AM
    From what I can tell, best you can do is to have it separated within the hub itself.

You can either tap the 3 lines in the lower left corner of the hub to bring up a list of all accounts and then select the account you want to see

- or -

You can tap the 3 dots in the lower right corner of the hub > Settings > Hub Management > select account > Show in > Separate Account Only.

The difference in the options is that the first one will continue to show the accounts in the main hub view while the second option will remove it from the main hub view but still require you to go into the hub and then do the first steps.

Sadly, there is no main screen icon for the individual email accounts, at least not that I can find, only for text messages.

Hope this helps.
    From what I can tell, best you can do is to have it separated within the hub itself.

You can either tap the 3 lines in the lower left corner of the hub to bring up a list of all accounts and then select the account you want to see

- or -

You can tap the 3 dots in the lower right corner of the hub > Settings > Hub Management > select account > Show in > Separate Account Only.

The difference in the options is that the first one will continue to show the accounts in the main hub view while the second option will remove it from the main hub view but still require you to go into the hub and then do the first steps.

Sadly, there is no main screen icon for the individual email accounts, at least not that I can find, only for text messages.

Hope this helps.
    01-16-15 09:46 AM
    You can colour-code the separate accounts as well, which helps a bit.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 09:54 AM
    I would say that the best way to look at it is to think of the hub as another 'screen' and then each account as a separate icon. Really not much difference.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 10:14 AM