The old Blackberry ID system (maybe 4 years ago, before BBM on iOS & Android) allows multiple Blackberry phones to use one BB ID. I had a BB ID on my old BB to access BB App World (now BB World). And later my parent got a BB, so i used my BB ID to sign in for my parent's Blackberry App World to download apps.

About a year ago, i switched my device to iPhone and because i always upgraded my BBM on old BB to newest version, my BBM is already linked with BB ID, so i moved BBM contacts to the iPhone using the BB ID. My parent's BBM is still version 6 and not associated with BB ID yet.

The problem is: My parent's BB is still logged in with the same BB ID with my iPhone's BBM and if my parent want to upgrade BBM to version 8, it always ask "Your blackberry id is already associated with bbm on another device. do you want to switch your bbm information to your current device?" I'm afraid if i choose switch device, the old contacts from my parent's old BBM will disappear and replaced with BBM contacts from my iPhone.

Anybody have an idea so i can 'separate' the BBM on my iPhone and my parent's BB?
    Also, my parent is about to change device to Android. Is there a way to transfer the BBM contacts?
    01-07-15 10:44 AM
    Create a new BBID and share the contacts of the 'old' BBM with the phone with the new BBID (via contact sharing?). Since BBM is linked to BBID, you can only use one BBID per phone. Hence, you need to create a new BBID.

Posted from my Square Monstrosity!
    01-08-15 08:32 AM