hi there, today i wanted to try out the 10.3.1 os and did so, after i backed up my apps with bb link, thinking i could restore them in the new os, but i think i was wrong. i had some app that were in promo like hub++ and bebuzz (i was a beta tester) and i would like to install them from the backup without having to buy them, is there a way?
    thank you
    01-23-15 01:20 PM
    For situations when you are given a premium app outside of BlackBerry World, you will need to either contact the author of the app to get a replacement, or see if you still have a copy of the BAR file or link that they gave you to install the app originally.
    Your backup may restore the settings and "key" to it, but not the app itself.

The few times I have been given a Beta or gifted app from an author, I always try keep a local copy to reinstall if needed or atleast a copy of the link and correspondence.
    Generally as the app is tied to your PIN, or otherwise marked for you, there isn't an issue with "pirating" it.
    01-23-15 01:39 PM
    thank you for the quick reply. all my apps are downloaded and installed directly from bb world, so i dont have any bar and for example, hub ++ which was free for the xmas promo i have to contact the developers as the only solution? thank you
    01-23-15 01:48 PM
    OK, if you "purchased" a premium app through BlackBerry World, even if it was a promo, limited time offer, or free-app-offer, it should still be "free" for you to re-download and re-install as far as I know.
    Check the Available section of BlackBerry World/My World/My Apps & Games.

Of course, do make sure you have signed in with the BBID that you had when you "purchased" those apps in order for it to show in your Available apps.
    01-23-15 02:22 PM