hey, need a bit of help with this if poss, i have inherited my daughters blackberry which has been sat in a draw for god knows how long so i have done a security wipe without realising that there is no backup or download software on my ancient computer, so of course after doing this and the phone rebooting i noticed that there where a couple of apps missing (bbm,app world ect) now being a dumb blonde i booted up my pc and started searching for answer's as to how to get them back, came across a couple of sites suggesting various ways of getting them back anyway found that i had to download this desktop manager which i did vs 7.1 and installed it so far so good until i plugged my phone in and was greeted with a message saying that there was an update to vs 5.0...... so i clicked ok and was then greeted with another box saying " An updated component must be installed before you can continue " so i clicked install and was then greeted with another nasty error box forcing me to close , so again i searched internet for more answer's and found i had to delete a vendor file straight after a fresh install so i did this then found that app world had appeared so of course i thought everything was starting to work then i thought i'd carry on with this install business now i can't remember what i did but obviously summat started happening and my phone was backing up (i think ) then on screen i caught the message saying to reconnect usb so this i did then on screen i had another error message i can't remember what it said but when i looked at my phone it says reload software 507 (poo i thought to keep it clean) so again i searched for a solution and was told to go through app re loader directly so i did this but there is nothing to reload so unless i been looking in wrong place im at a loss oh and as for the download manager it keeps telling me to update component so that vendor thing hasn't worked so any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed

am running windows xp
    desktop manager vs 7.1
    and at minute only 250mb ram

so believe me when i say i been on this for a number of hours now

thanks in advance
    11-25-14 05:12 PM
    Do you mean curve 8520? Please write in shorter sentences and use periods. Remove the words "and" and "but", and capitalize new sentences.
    11-25-14 06:12 PM
    Delete any BlackBerry Device software from your computer.
    Download a new version from this site: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do

Delete the vendor files and use the App Loader to install.
    Make sure you do not disconnect your curve while it is installing the new OS.
    11-25-14 06:17 PM