I have a brand new Blackberry Passport and I now want to purchase some apps. When I try this with my Mastercard, I'm told it can't proceed and to select another method. I have checked my Mastercard and there are no restrictions on its use. I have also triple checked all the payment details... they are correct. I might just check them a fourth time, but call out each digit to an assistant who can verify everything.

The Mastercard credit card has served me wonderfully for a decade on the Internet. I do not have (or need) a Paypal account. I particularly like that the Blackberry gives you the option of paying with either. I made it a point to check on this point before purchase.

I made assumptions before purchasing this Passport, but if I can't actually purchase apps with my Mastercard then so be it.

Thanks in advance from a Blackberry newbie
    04-08-15 03:06 PM
    There's some bug in this version of BlackBerry World that won't process credit cards. Best bet for now is to make purchase with PayPal or Carrier.

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    04-08-15 04:09 PM
    Hoping this will help someone. Credit card working for me within last hour. Don't know why.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 01:46 PM
    Yes, several people have said there is currently a bug with BlackBerry World processing some (but not all) credit cards, I haven't heard of a pattern for which work and which don't, but for now I agree your best bet is PayPal or Carrier.
    04-10-15 02:06 PM
    Have you attempted paying through your carrier? I prefer that method usually...
    04-10-15 05:23 PM
    Thanks. Will look into it, although I believe not all carriers support this. Happily done for now.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 08:29 AM