I am sure you know how email aliases work but please hear me out.

I have a primary email address ****@fastmail.fm

It has these aliases:

****@fastmail.fm
    ****@fastmail.fm
    ****@ftml.net

I can send and receive to & from all alias and see them in my primary inbox.

I use these aliases constantly for different settings so that I don't have to use a ton of gmail accounts etc.

How do I set this up properly in the hub so that I can receive and send from all 4 without having 4 copies of the emails in the hub?

Any help is much appreciated.
    10-25-14 12:57 PM
    So on your email server there is but one account and these aliases all point to it -- is what I am assuming you mean by alias -- just to be clear.

Well aliases are more for receiving emails directed to multiple addresses. Not sending. For sending from each, you'd need real email accounts.

Unless there's a trick I am not aware of, or I am not understanding you.
    10-25-14 01:07 PM
    So on your email server there is but one account and these aliases all point to it -- is what I am assuming you mean by alias -- just to be clear.

Well aliases are more for receiving emails directed to multiple addresses. Not sending. For sending from each, you'd need real email accounts.

Unless there's a trick I am not aware of, or I am not understanding you.
    Yes there is one account and all 3 of the alias point to it but I can send from those email addresses as well to mask my main email address as I don't want it known in certain situations.

Basically the aliases work as stand alone email addresses but go to the main inbox. If I ever get tired of one I can just delete it and still have my main email address though.

I have had iPhones and Android devices and could do what I am asking but can't figure out how to set it up in the hub so that I can send from all the aliases.
    10-25-14 01:10 PM
    I have had iPhones and Android devices and could do what I am asking but can't figure out how to set it up in the hub so that I can send from all the aliases.
    Please explain how you did it on ios and android

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-25-14 01:34 PM
    Please explain how you did it on ios and android

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289

You set up the main email address as normal but in the send from block you use a comma and add all the aliases (***@fastmail.fm, ***@ftml.net, ***@fastmail.fm) This allows you to select which alias you want to send from on a reply or new email.

Since you only need the incoming mail for the main inbox you don't have to do anything for that.
    BCITMike likes this.
    10-25-14 01:46 PM
    Don't know if this works but you could try savings all accounts and turn off push on two of them

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-25-14 02:40 PM
    You set up the main email address as normal but in the send from block you use a comma and add all the aliases (***@fastmail.fm, ***@ftml.net, ***@fastmail.fm) This allows you to select which alias you want to send from on a reply or new email.

Since you only need the incoming mail for the main inbox you don't have to do anything for that.
    OK I read up on this. So for example if you have pre-built Gmail aliases set up on the gmail services, iOS lets you add them.

I do not know a way to do that on BlackBerry 10.
    10-25-14 10:48 PM
    10-25-14 10:55 PM
    Thank you but nothing seems to work.

I can setup the 3 separate email addresses and send from any of them as the others but I still received 3 copies of each email.

There is no way it seems to stop an email address from receiving all together in the hub.
    10-28-14 05:53 PM

Where is this "send from" block you speak of? On account configuration page?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:05 PM
    Where is this "send from" block you speak of? On account configuration page?

Posted via CB10
    there isn't one on BB10 as far as I know, that is why i am asking. iOS and Android have a way to make multiple addresses as the sender from 1 email account.
    10-28-14 10:28 PM
    there isn't one on BB10 as far as I know, that is why i am asking. iOS and Android have a way to make multiple addresses as the sender from 1 email account.
    Oh, I thought in the first post you meant you currently can do that on your BB10 phone.

Based on other threads on this, I believe you add them as separate accounts, but you hide all the folders for the 3 aliases and only show the folders for the main mailbox account. I'm sure you will find other threads about this.
    10-29-14 12:58 AM
    I also use fastmail and have the same problem. Hopefully there is a solution to this situation.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:25 AM
    Oh, I thought in the first post you meant you currently can do that on your BB10 phone.

Based on other threads on this, I believe you add them as separate accounts, but you hide all the folders for the 3 aliases and only show the folders for the main mailbox account. I'm sure you will find other threads about this.
    That doesn't work though. As soon as you reply from the other email addresses it pulls all the mail from the server from the aliases.
    10-29-14 08:30 AM
    BlackBerry should seriously address this issue. We should be able to choose something so simple as an email alias to send email from, and not have to set up the alias as an account.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 11:40 AM