When I bought my Play Book the big sales feature was online through any phone. What happened to that ability? I can no longer find Android Bridge app. I have a Q10 and 3 play books between family members the android that we originally did this with is no longer functional.
    11-30-15 02:20 PM
    As long as your phones have the ability to create a hot spot, you could connect your PlayBook to it like you would any wifi network.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-30-15 03:54 PM
    You might also be able to use Bluetooth tethering if your Droid phone supports it.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 08:41 AM
    There was no Android Bridge app. There is an app FoxFi that will let you create a hotspot if you don't have hotspot service with VZW. Bridge is a BB10 app and it still works fine to share your BB10 phone's data plan with the PlayBook.
    12-06-15 07:45 PM
    I don't remember there ever being any Android Bridge app. Making hotspots on your phones will work, though, provided you have the service. If you have AT&T on your Q10, though, and it was updated, you should be able to delete BB Bridge from the phone, reboot to take out the sim card and download BB Bridge via wifi before re-inserting the sim card.
    12-07-15 11:36 AM
    I originally bought the playbook because of its ability to go on line through a cell phone. I am still doing it with my BB cell phone. I used to do it with my wifes 1st android but it died and the app is no longer on blackberry site. I just want BB to say they had to take it down. apparently not enough people used it. And yes it worked without making the phone a hot spot. I like it because no extra data plan required. maybe BB got spanked by Cell providers and can only offer it within BB family now.
    12-19-15 01:54 PM
    I was the guest that started this Thread
    12-19-15 01:55 PM
    I was the guest that started this Thread
    Can you explain how your wife got the alleged Android Bridging App you're seeking from BlackBerry???

Wouldn't an Android apps store (Amazon, Google, etc) be a more applicable source?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 05:31 PM
    honestly thats why I originally bought my Play book because blackberry had a bridge that worked with android it only aloud web connection no other conductivity. However since this post started BB has continued to disappoint me. so my next phone and tablet will be android and not BBs want to be android
    07-05-16 05:47 PM