Doing very well on my ancient 9310, in my downloads now appears an icon for Telenav GPS Navigator. I deleted (completely uninstalled) Telenav after their service was no longer included with the carrier, and I'm now using the Maps app.

So all of a sudden, in my downloads folder, is an icon for Telenav GPS Navigator. Entering the usual Blackberry icon to look for options to delete/uninstall Telenav, like I would any other app, doesn't show an option to delete. The delete button doesn't work either. I can "hide" the icon, and it's still there only greyed-out - lurking.

Clicking on this app reveals its a link to Blackberry Virtual Preload. If I agree to the following blah blah conditions... I don't agree - and then I get taken to another screen to allow the change of languages from English to something else.

Anyone know of a way to "REALLY" get rid of this shortcut/link/app/annoying SPAM thing?
    12-15-14 09:04 PM
    Been an old problem for a long time. It will only come back on the next service update. Best thing to do is create a folder on your desktop, stuff the icon into the folder, and then hide it so you don't have to look at it. Carrier bloatware is irritating, but it's a fact of life.
    12-15-14 09:10 PM