Hi guys
    I recently bought a Blakberry Passport, my first BB ever. So on android or apple devices when you have a News Application, you get breaking News notifications. For (stupid) example when the president of your Country dies, you get a push-up notificatin on you phone. How do i get them on Blackberry OS 10? Where do I set that in the Settings?
    04-21-15 12:51 PM
    Which news app are you using?
    04-21-15 12:54 PM
    (at)serbanescu I'm the one who asked. German apps. But I wouldn't mind english speaking apps if the News are international, like CNN or so. But couldn't find any. I'm generally not getting notifications from apps (only whatsapp). Would be cool if the breaking News appear in the BlackberryHub for example.
    04-21-15 01:02 PM
    (at)serbanescu I'm the one who asked. German apps. But I wouldn't mind english speaking apps if the News are international, like CNN or so. But couldn't find any. I'm generally not getting notifications from apps (only whatsapp). Would be cool if the breaking News appear in the BlackberryHub for example.
    If you tell me the exact name of the app you are using I will test it out to see if I can help you
    04-21-15 01:06 PM
    For example "20 Minuten" and "Spiegel Online"
    04-21-15 01:11 PM
    For example "20 Minuten" and "Spiegel Online"
    Both of these apps are Android ports (the ones in BlackBerry World) - that means you cannot get notifications when the apps are closed.

If you will keep them as active frames, it may be possible to receive notifications if you are running a 10.3.1 OS.

Try using them in this manner to see if they get notifications and push them properly to the hub, and how much battery life they will consume (Android apps working in the background can be power hungry sometimes).
    04-21-15 01:24 PM
    Another idea: because both of them were last updated in May 2013 (the ones in BlackBerry World), it is very probable that they don't have push-up messages capability, because at that point in time Android apps could not function in the background on BB10 OS.

If you are on BB 10.3 OS it's better to use the Amazon version of Spiegel Online and test it in active frame mode.
    04-21-15 01:31 PM
    Ok great! Thank you very much for taking your time! I will try that out. Btw. do you know any good non-german news app which does send notifications?
    04-21-15 02:28 PM
    Ok great! Thank you very much for taking your time! I will try that out. Btw. do you know any good non-german news app which does send notifications?
    You're welcome!

USA Today had them, but I haven't used it in a while, so I don't know how well they are working now (if you want to try it, check if the push notifications feature is activated: swipe down from the top > Settings > Push Notifications)

I am talking about the USA Today native app in BlackBerry World
    04-21-15 02:53 PM
    I use New York Times and receive notifications for breaking news. For some reason I always get double notifications which is weird but it works.

See screenshot.
    How do I get push-up news messages from news apps?-img_20150421_161534.png

Posted via my gorgeous red Passport
    04-21-15 03:15 PM
    Ok thanks. Unfortunately USA Today is not available in my country. But NY Times works
    04-22-15 03:02 AM
    Thanks, works with me too! I get double notifications as well, but better then geting none
    SmileDahling likes this.
    04-22-15 03:03 AM