Hello all...

Let me start by telling the story of how I got my Q5 to give the full picture. Its going to be long.

Im from Singapore. I bought it, used, from 'carousell', an app similar to eBay.
    I was dumb at that time as it was my first BB device.
    The owner didn't reset it so I have to do on my own.
    Too bad, I didnt know that I need to turn off the "security stuff" before resetting.
    So I am stuck with the email of the original owner.
    The owner is fine with me using his email as he didn't use that email address.
    I then proceed to change his email to my email, but in reality its not. Its still under the original owner's acc(thats what the owner said to me).

Bla bla bla...
    I used it for awhile.
    I find some ways so that I can totally disconnect his acc from my phone. I just felt that the phone is not fully mine.

Guess what i did... I deleted the BB ID and now the phone can't do anything. Bcz im stuck at the BB ID login after reset.

I then try again to flash some stuff on the Q5(using autoloader I think) and now its gone. Cant turn on, no screen, no sound.

What I observe now:
    Red light flashing > blink blink stop stop stop stop blink blink stop stop stop stop
    Sometimes the light will go orange for awhile when plugged in and back to the flashing.

Is there anyway to make my Q5 to work?
    Or should I just send it to a repair shop?
    05-24-17 08:38 PM
    Doesn't matter. Even if you used the correct autoloader and got it running, you will never be able to get past the initial setup screen as it requires the original BBID (which no longer exists).

You have a fancy new paper weight.
    05-24-17 08:48 PM
    Doesn't matter. Even if you used the correct autoloader and got it running, you will never be able to get past the initial setup screen as it requires the original BBID (which no longer exists).

You have a fancy new paper weight.
    You sure?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 08:59 PM
    You sure?

Posted via CB10
    Even if that works, it's 60 Euro for the software, plus 10 Euro more for the procedure. More than the device is worth.
    05-24-17 09:08 PM
    Even if that works, it's 60 Euro for the software, plus 10 Euro more for the procedure. More than the device is worth.
    True. Id be interested to know if it works. Would be kind of a blow to BlackBerry security.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 09:09 PM
    True. Id be interested to know if it works. Would be kind of a blow to BlackBerry security.

Posted via CB10
    It still forces a wipe, so data is secure. I also think it's a sufficient roadblock for potential casual thieves - which is the point of Protect in the first place.
    05-24-17 09:15 PM
    It still forces a wipe, so data is secure. I also think it's a sufficient roadblock for potential casual thieves - which is the point of Protect in the first place.
    Good point. And it's taken them a long time to get to this point as well. I remember looking up Chimera Tool when I accidentally bought a blacklisted Z30 back in 2014. The BB10 options were totally bare and nothing of the sort was close to being possible.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 09:19 PM
    Well can somebody at least do a step by step on how to make it run... The thing is i cant even see a thing... The lights just blink...
    05-24-17 09:29 PM
    Well can somebody at least do a step by step on how to make it run... The thing is i cant even see a thing... The lights just blink...
    The only solution you have is to load a developer OS meant for testing. At least it will turn on and some things will work. It also doesn't use BlackBerry Protect.

http://developer.blackberry.com/nati...10.3.1.997.exe

Download to PC, plug in phone, and run.
    05-24-17 09:37 PM
    Tried it...
    I ran the software... It loads... The LED turns green... Once completed, the LED turns orange for a few seconds and then back to the blinking red as before... Help....
    05-24-17 09:58 PM
    Tried it...
    I ran the software... It loads... The LED turns green... Once completed, the LED turns orange for a few seconds and then back to the blinking red as before... Help....
    You have me stumped.

My test Q5 responds exactly as I expect.
    05-24-17 10:53 PM
    I used Chimera... and flash it... so much easier and it worked now...
    Thank anyways guys....
    05-24-17 11:21 PM