My coworker has a Storm and her #'s on on the BB not the Sim. The phone is stuck in bootup with the white bar not going all the way across the bottom.

I have an OS X laptop and a Windows 8 Laptop. Is there any way to get the phone responsive enough to copy the #'s from the phone to the Sim?
    10-28-14 12:43 PM
    A Storm? In 2014? She's either a warrior or a gluton for punishment. Anyway, I've been away from BBOS too long to remember a solution to recovering the data.

Let me scream my lungs out and try to get you some help.
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-28-14 at 01:04 PM.
    10-28-14 12:53 PM
    Did she happen to have blackberry protect on it and did a backup via that way? If yes, they a copy should be there. Now whether you can download it via desktop I'm not sure at this point since I don't have a BBOS phone or Desktop manager anymore.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-28-14 12:55 PM
    Did she happen to have blackberry protect on it and did a backup via that way? If yes, they a copy should be there. Now whether you can download it via desktop I'm not sure at this point since I don't have a BBOS phone or Desktop manager anymore.
    Thanks for that!

If she does have a backup on BBProtect, it's just a matter of getting the phone to work!

To check if she does, have her log in here with her BlackBerry ID. You can't download it, but once the Storm is back online, she can have Protect restore the content directly to her phone.

If the backup is there and is deemed recent enough, let us know and I'll post the links for the how to un-nuke.

EDIT: You guys did try a battery pull, right?
    10-28-14 01:01 PM
    She said she does not have an account there. She really wants to get the ph#'s off the storm and onto the Sim so she can put them in her new phone. Verizion couldn't help her.

I tried pulling the batter and putting it back in, that is what allows it to start to try and boot. Unless there is something else you mean by pulling the battery.
    10-29-14 10:40 PM
    when was the last time she did a backup of the device?

Has she synced it with outlook before?
    10-29-14 10:46 PM