I recently bought a cheap unlocked 8820 as an emergency replacement for my Samsung 'Monte' (the touchscreen was faulty).
    On the Samsung I had the Facebook and eBay apps and used them frequently. I have downloaded both Facebook and eBay apps from 'Blackberry World' but cannot get them to work - I get a message to say that my Data Plan doesn't allow it (sorry can't remember the exact wording).
    If my mobile operator (O2) allows the apps to work on my Android phone, why am I getting the error on the Blackberry, using the Blackberry sourced apps ?

My Service provider is O2, the Blackberry was originally an 'Orange' device which had been unlocked prior to me buying it.
    11-08-14 03:50 AM
    I recently bought a cheap unlocked 8820 as an emergency replacement for my Samsung 'Monte' (the touchscreen was faulty).
    On the Samsung I had the Facebook and eBay apps and used them frequently. I have downloaded both Facebook and eBay apps from 'Blackberry World' but cannot get them to work - I get a message to say that my Data Plan doesn't allow it (sorry can't remember the exact wording).
    If my mobile operator (O2) allows the apps to work on my Android phone, why am I getting the error on the Blackberry, using the Blackberry sourced apps ?

My Service provider is O2, the Blackberry was originally an 'Orange' device which had been unlocked prior to me buying it.
    Hi,

Your BlackBerry is too old, it only has 16MB ram and apps like ebay and facebook will never work on this phone.
    This phone was released backin 2007 and it not something you can use today for apps like facebook.

Even if the app will 'run' it will make your phone totally unusable, you should have bought at least a curve 9320 or bold 9780 everything older then those phones are worthless.

Also you need a special BlackBerry Services called BIS (you need to pay extra for this).

Contact O2 about a BIS plan.
    11-08-14 04:47 AM