hey guys I got the Martian smart watch. The watch requires you to download an app for any device to pair properly to it. I downloaded the app successfully but then it requires you to go to the accessibility settings and turn the accessibility to on for the martian smart watch, so when you get a text, your watch can tell you that information. However the blackberry doesn't seem to have this option. I have an android phone, I downloaded the app and was successfully able to pair it to the the android phone and then when I went to accessibility, the option for the watch to be accessible was right there and I was able to successfully pair the two devices. The blackberry however doesn't have this option in its accessibility and i'm curious to know where in settings or if at all I can get the blackberry to allow information coming into the phone to also go to the watch.

So just to recap: The blackberry and the watch are paired and connected. On the watch it has a options like Camera and the blackberry responds when I select the option. However when my Blackberry gets texts, emails or calls, the watch doesn't notify me because I can't seem to find the accessibility option to allow it to.

Thanks
    12-21-14 10:42 PM
    Because of the way texts, emails, and BBM messages are recieved and veiwed on the BB10 OS they can't be linked to most smartwatches. I have gotten my Yahoo emails to come into my Garmin Vivosmart by downloading the Android Yahoo email app. I'm not sure if there is a third party sms app that would accomplish the same thing for you.
    12-22-14 09:39 AM
    Because of the way texts, emails, and BBM messages are recieved and veiwed on the BB10 OS they can't be linked to most smartwatches. I have gotten my Yahoo emails to come into my Garmin Vivosmart by downloading the Android Yahoo email app. I'm not sure if there is a third party sms app that would accomplish the same thing for you.
    Hello good sir. Can you tell me more about your experience with Garmin Vivosmart on BB10? The device hasn't been launched in UAE yet, but if it lands I'll definitely get one. What makes me a hesitant from making a Blackberry 10 as a daily drive device is the compatibility of smart watch. I've heard that the Fitbit is doing fine with BB10, I guess I just want to make sure if the Garmin Vivosmart is a perfect match too with it
    12-24-14 03:53 AM
    The Fitbit and Garmin's Vivofit are both are just fitness watches and work well with BlackBerry phones running BB10. They don't have a clock and don't receive email, text, and phone messages. The Garmin Vivosmart is both a fitness and message type of watch. The fitness aspect of the Vivosmart works great tracking sleep, steps taken, miles walk, calories burned, and stuff like that. The only part that doesn't work well is receiving the messages on a consistent bases. As far as the battery life goes, I get around 4 to 5 days from a charge. I found I needed to leave it on the charger longer then when it says it's fully charged in order to get that long of usage out of it.
    12-24-14 09:37 AM
    The Fitbit and Garmin's Vivofit are both are just fitness watches and work well with BlackBerry phones running BB10. They don't have a clock and don't receive email, text, and phone messages. The Garmin Vivosmart is both a fitness and message type of watch. The fitness aspect of the Vivosmart works great tracking sleep, steps taken, miles walk, calories burned, and stuff like that. The only part that doesn't work well is receiving the messages on a consistent bases. As far as the battery life goes, I get around 4 to 5 days from a charge. I found I needed to leave it on the charger longer then when it says it's fully charged in order to get that long of usage out of it.
    That's cool and thank you for responding. So I would presume that any of these android apps works well with BB10, in regards to connectivity and notification stability.
    12-29-14 12:05 AM
    The Garmin Connect app works well with BB10. My wife also uses MyFitnessPal as a nutrition app that I think also integrates into the Connect app. I have not as of yet tried any of the other apps like those for tracking running using the gps.
    12-29-14 09:41 AM