I'm trying to block a number from calling/SMSing me?

What is the easiest way?

This is driving me crazy...why isn't it easy like other mobile phones?
    08-18-14 05:07 AM
    Contact your carrier. They can block numbers. Heck, i can do it on the website for my carrier.
    08-18-14 06:35 AM
    Contact your carrier. They can block numbers. Heck, i can do it on the website for my carrier.
    that's illegal, a carrier can only block a number from calling you if you have a crime reference number or proof of a threatening or abusive behaviour/language, its called freedom of information anyone can call anyone.

It is legal for anyone to flier your door, call your phone, or send you an email...if you tell them not to, and they keep doing it, then it can become unsolicited/harassment and then illegal.

android and ios devices allow you to block numbers personally on your phone on devices running the new software but blackberry doesn't seem to annoyingly.
    10-27-14 11:39 AM
    that's illegal, a carrier can only block a number from calling you if you have a crime reference number or proof of a threatening or abusive behaviour/language, its called freedom of information anyone can call anyone.
    Umm what? That's the only reason you can come up with--documented legal orders? What about when I'm overseas and somebody keeps calling and incessantly leaving me voicemails that incur an overage just to receive (yes, receive, not listen?) Which legal body would I petition to for help while I'm overseas?

Since you're in the UK, #4 on this list might help: How to stop nuisance phone calls - Which?
    10-27-14 12:14 PM
    Its not illegal-Verizon Wireless will allow subscribers to block 5 numbers for a temporally amount of time & the subscriber can pay for blocking additional numbers. I use this feature regularly
    04-04-16 02:13 PM