Does anybody know if there is a way to disable or lock Facebook and Whatsapp,on BB devices that are registered with a BES10 server? Perhaps through policies and rules? We need to centrally manage the ability to use this application on certain devices, any help is appreciated. Thx
    09-23-14 08:02 AM
    Giving you a bump, according to this you can just prevent people from downloading on BES 10.1 http://forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-...-bes10-801182/ ?
    10-04-14 01:39 PM
    Does anybody know if there is a way to disable or lock Facebook and Whatsapp,on BB devices that are registered with a BES10 server? Perhaps through policies and rules? We need to centrally manage the ability to use this application on certain devices, any help is appreciated. Thx
    Curious. These work devices or BYOD? I understand a response of mind my ow F********* business, so don't feel afraid or cautious in telling me such.
    10-04-14 02:20 PM
    Hi, I am not sure if I understand your question, but if I remember correctly 3rd party apps have absolutely no access to the work space under Balance default settings.

Some native BlackBerry apps in the personal space, e.g. BBM, could have (partial) access to the work space, but also this can be disabled.

Conclusion: Your workers can install whatever they want...if the apps cannot access the work space (e.g. the address books) your company's data are safe.

Alternatively, if these are not BYOD devices, you could manage the devices without Balance (= "regulated" mode with work space only, no fun for the employees).

Apps for the work space are always controlled/released by the BES admin.
    10-04-14 05:55 PM
    Just to complete my previous comment.

Please have a look at page 52 in this guide

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...e_Guide_en.pdf
    10-05-14 10:29 AM