So, I spilt coffee over my priv. Whilst it had a cover, screen protector and had the screen protecting the keys.. there has been some damage.

I'm guessing I'll have to have it replaced.. but I was hoping I'd get to back up my photos and things first. Have seen how important it is 'not to power up' the phone when it's wet.

Well, that's just splendid. Because it just vibrates and repeats the start up screen over and over. I've tried keeping my finger over the off button, but I can't take the battery out, and I'm watching it fry itself over and over.

Any suggestions of how I can override and turn this thing off, minimise the start of the damage? Thanks
    02-08-17 12:56 PM
    If something is shorting out the hardware.... might not be a solution. One reason I would not buy a phone with a non removable battery and no waterproofing....

As for backing things up... using the built in backup option and photo syncing should make that not necessary. Now if you don't trust Google and didn't plan for a worst case scenario.... good luck.
    02-08-17 01:09 PM