Hey guys and gals

Just wonder how to light up my keyboard on my Blackberry Passport for use in darker places?

Thanks for your help in advance

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:12 PM
    Hard reboot (hold volume up and down) should fix this.
    Hello,

The ambient sensor should light it up in dark situations. Is your keyboard not lighting up at all, not bright enough, or dimming too soon?
    10-01-14 11:26 PM
    It works when it's plugged in, but other than that no it doesn't light up in the dark.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 10:07 AM
    Hard reboot (hold volume up and down) should fix this.
    10-02-14 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. As I am typing this message right now my back light on the keyboard is working (I haven't hard reset the phone) but if the problem persists where it won't light up in the dark then I will definitely try that. Thanks for the help guys

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 04:22 PM
    THANKS. I got my Passport yesterday and faced this issue. The Hard Reboot seems to have solved it. Thanks again.
    10-02-14 11:14 PM
    Btw, the Hard Reboot also solved the Compass issue! When I first tried the Compass App on the Passport, it gave a message that some required sensors were not installed in the device and hence the App wont work! After the Hard Reboot, the Compass App started to function automatically!!
    Nadeem Naz likes this.
    10-05-14 05:12 AM
    Even I am facing this from time to time, after hard reboot it sort of fixes it and then the keypad doesn't light up in dark sometimes. Not very frequent though, but this is kinda worrying me

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:29 PM
    Its your sensors. BBVE app from BlackBerry world will confirm this. Run the sensor tests when it happens again.

If you loaded a backup of your previous BlackBerry 10 device onto the passport that could possibly cause the issue.

I did a fresh install with no data transferred from my z30 and have not had a sensor issue since.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 11:48 PM
    Man, I'm having the opposite issue. I want to be able to turn the backlight off! It is way too sensitive. The only time mine goes off is outdoors in bright natural light (did a hand over screen test with sensor left uncovered). Maybe we'll get an option to turn on or off in future updates. Just curious if you are running 10.3.0.908 as my out of the box Passport was rock solid in build quality, but had many software bugs.

Some included a random screen stuck rebooting at the AT&T logo fixed with a hard reset, had a frozen password screen, the @123 key was whacky, and a few other random closing of apps including BBM when touching the emoticon key. All of these issues were fixed and my Passport has zero issues now. Sachesi was a life saver just plugged Passport into laptop, entered password, 10.3.0.908 automatically came up as the latest official release, hit download, then install. Completely non-destructive; didn't even do a backup first, and as easy as OTA. Have no idea why some are hesitant and I do not install leaks and have always waited, but this was not a leak it is an official release so no worries about the OS. Fixed every bug I had and it's been a few weeks now.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 05:10 AM
    Thanks guys for the suggestions I was facing the same problem and the hard reboot helped..thanks
    07-31-17 04:25 AM