Hi,

My blackberry bold 9900 suddenly died on me last week. Plugged it into charge and it got stuck on the loading screen. It then switched off and has not turned on since- not even a red light. Have tried plugging it into the computer (not recognised) and buying a new battery as the phone is 2.5 years old-none of this has worked. I have stupidly not backed it up recently and have lost everything on it- is there anyway I can get my photos, contacts etc off the phone before getting a new one?

Thanks
    09-29-14 09:37 AM
    You might be able to recover it by trying some of the recovery tips for a nuked BlackBerry here on Crackberry.

Even if you don't have the device backed up through the Desktop Manager, did you have BlackBerry Protect set up to do an automatic backup for you? That should at least get some of your files back.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:14 PM
    Having the same problem, looked all over the forums and tried a solution for the nuked blackberry. Problem is, in my case, the computer doesn't detect the blackberry... any ideas?
    10-04-14 07:47 PM
    10-04-14 08:37 PM
    It seems that in all these cases, the pc recognizes the device or in the 3rd option even though the device is not recognized, it is stuck in a boot loop. In my case, there is no sign of life at all on the device and when I connect it via USB to my laptop, it doesn't show up in BDM or in Blackberry Master Control either...
    10-05-14 02:36 PM
    It seems that in all these cases, the pc recognizes the device or in the 3rd option even though the device is not recognized, it is stuck in a boot loop. In my case, there is no sign of life at all on the device and when I connect it via USB to my laptop, it doesn't show up in BDM or in Blackberry Master Control either...

Have you tried switching USB ports? If you are using the ports in the front of the PC try the ports in the back, or vice versa. Also try a different cord. Try a different PC. Any signs of life when you plug it in to a power socket?
    10-06-14 01:46 PM
    Have you tried switching USB ports? If you are using the ports in the front of the PC try the ports in the back, or vice versa. Also try a different cord. Try a different PC. Any signs of life when you plug it in to a power socket?
    Tried all of the above... I keep referencing my PC but it's actually my laptop. I connected to various USB Ports on my laptop and I tried the USB ports on the front of my work PC. I'll try a different PC at work tomorrow with a fully charged battery. My Colleague has the same phone so i'll get her to charge my new battery to 100% and will try that. I hate to say this but i'm not very optimistic at this point :-(

Thanks for you support!
    10-06-14 07:23 PM
    Question? Have you ever done an OS update with DM on your laptop or on another computer that you still have? If so then the DM made a special backup at that point which we MAY be able to retrieve and use!
    10-08-14 08:07 AM
    Phone is at the repair shop now... should hear from them today. I'm pretty sure I'd have such a backup. Is there a special file name or extension for that? Are you saying that even if there is no sign of life (never detected by PC) on my cell I could still possibly revive my Device?
    10-09-14 11:02 AM
    Bad news... shop says my motherboard is to blame and a replacement will cost 125$... thanks to all for your input!
    10-09-14 07:37 PM
    Phone is at the repair shop now... should hear from them today. I'm pretty sure I'd have such a backup. Is there a special file name or extension for that? Are you saying that even if there is no sign of life (never detected by PC) on my cell I could still possibly revive my Device?

I'm saying you MIGHT be able to salvage your contact list and some settings/configurations. The special backup will be a .bbb file.
    10-14-14 02:59 PM