I lost some important pics when my removable media card was damaged while switching from my old blackberry to new blackberry over a year ago. I just located a back-up file for the old blackberry on my work pc. I copied the file, then changed the name of 1 from .bbb to a zipfile, while allowed me to open the file as a folder, but all it contains is .dat files. What's my next step?
    07-29-15 11:28 AM
    I lost some important pics when my removable media card was damaged while switching from my old blackberry to new blackberry over a year ago. I just located a back-up file for the old blackberry on my work pc. I copied the file, then changed the name of 1 from .bbb to a zipfile, while allowed me to open the file as a folder, but all it contains is .dat files. What's my next step?
    Can you just plug your phone into the CPU and transfer it that way? I'm also unsure why you would change a picture extension to zip?

Posted with my  Classic
    07-29-15 11:57 AM
    I know how to open or transfer a pic The entire back-up file is a .bbb file, which I'm not able to open. I googled how to open, and a blackberry support page said to change the name from .bbb to .ipd, which I did. It created the zip folder, which I am able to open, but there are no media files (or anything that looks familiar from that old phone), only .dat files. I'm assuming what I am looking for is in those .dat files, so what additional steps need to be taken to find the pics within the .dat files since I am not able to open .dat
    07-29-15 12:13 PM