I deleted a few text messages earlier this week and now I'm finding that many contacts which I did not delete are no longer there. Both new contacts and ones I've had for years are gone. Is there a way to retrieve them without re-entering them manually? Is there a backup on a blackberry? My computer and blackberry contacts are not synced for a reason, so I cannot use my computer to reset.
    06-17-16 10:32 AM
    The backup is to use your PC along with LINK. There is no cloud service that BlackBerry offers to backup your settings and contacts like on Android or iOS. But if you use an active sync account.. that's like a backup - but yeah not 100% secure.

How many accounts do you have? Where these all from the same account? Maybe you somehow disconnected that account in the contacts app. Or maybe a bug has Linked all those contacts with another contact.

Going forward, it's best to plan for the worst... and figure out how you would recover from a loss of your phone.
    The backup is to use your PC along with LINK. There is no cloud service that BlackBerry offers to backup your settings and contacts like on Android or iOS. But if you use an active sync account.. that's like a backup - but yeah not 100% secure.

How many accounts do you have? Where these all from the same account? Maybe you somehow disconnected that account in the contacts app. Or maybe a bug has Linked all those contacts with another contact.

Going forward, it's best to plan for the worst... and figure out how you would recover from a loss of your phone.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-17-16 10:43 AM