Hello. Back in black. I am having a problem with getting tweet notifications. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to receive tweet notifications in the native twitter app on my Q10. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 08:49 PM
    Are you referring to in the hub or within the actual app?
    01-04-15 10:12 PM
    I can't figure out how to delete DM's
    01-04-15 10:39 PM
    I can't figure out how to delete DM's
    I've been playing in the app for 10 minutes and i can figure it out

Twitter support says

To compose a new DM, open the Blackberry menu and tap the compose message option.
    To delete a DM conversation, open the Blackberry menu and select Clear conversation.

But I can't find the BlackBerry menu they are referring too. Sorry guys i use twittly and blaq

Executive Producer of a Top Secret BBM Group of Losers that doesn't Exist via my Canadian Passport
    01-04-15 11:04 PM
    Both. I would like to receive tweets notifications on my Q10 like I did on my previous android device. I can't seem to locate the settings to do that. Am I able to do that on this device?
    01-05-15 12:32 PM
    You should. I get em on my Z10 hub and on app

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3442
    01-05-15 01:14 PM
    You should. I get em on my Z10 hub and on app

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3442
    You get all your tweets in hub? Or just the DMs?

I have been wanting the tweets to show up in hub the way they did in bbos but I don't think they do on bb10.

I would be happy to be wrong if someone can explain what I may be doing wrong.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 01:18 PM
    If you are referring to your timeline, no. The only notifications that the Twitter BB10 app will push are DM's and mentions and possibly follows. I believe that you have to go to Settings > Accounts > Twitter > Notifications and then select what you want to come through. BTW, this is your phones settings not twitters.
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-05-15 01:21 PM
    I'm not. I just called Verizon. Tech said it was a common issue with the native twitter app. Not sure what I can do here. Are you using the stock twitter app?
    01-05-15 01:43 PM
    I use twitter mostly as a source of news. So, if I understand you correctly, I can't be notified when persons or news organizations etc. tweet?
    01-05-15 01:46 PM
    I use twitter mostly as a source of news. So, if I understand you correctly, I can't be notified when persons or news organizations etc. tweet?
    That's what I would like to know. I'm thinking about using Twitter as a news source myself.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 03:06 PM
    I figured it out. Go to twitter site on your computer. Enable sms tweets to be sent to your phone. Then you will receive tweet notifications as text messages. Problem solved.
    01-05-15 03:59 PM
    You get all your tweets in hub? Or just the DMs?

I have been wanting the tweets to show up in hub the way they did in bbos but I don't think they do on bb10.

I would be happy to be wrong if someone can explain what I may be doing wrong.

Posted via CB10
    I get notices of favorites, RT's and mentions and can reply in hub to tweets. Compose them also. DM's too
    01-05-15 05:04 PM
    I figured it out. Go to twitter site on your computer. Enable sms tweets to be sent to your phone. Then you will receive tweet notifications as text messages. Problem solved.
    This is one work around. The advantage to this is that you can select which tweeters you want tweets to come through as text's from. I only have a couple that do this. The disadvantage is that you would still have to open the app to retweet or favourite the tweet. Unless there is some text shortcode to do those functions. I haven't been bothered enough to look into this lol

However, there is still no way to have the BB10 Twitter app show your timeline in the hub.
    01-06-15 01:32 PM