Assuming I have a Blackberry Phone and Contract (including the BIS service)

Can I swap the sim card in to a another phone or even a tablet PC to use the data? (assuming the same size Sim Card) - Lets just say - I wanted to watch Netflix at work on my tablet for example.

I ask because a blackberry wouldn't be ideal for streaming services such as Netflix, Crunchyroll, etc. and all the main service providers (in the UK) are stopping unlimited Tethering of data. So tethering from the Blackberry wouldn't work either.
    03-22-15 08:28 PM
    BIS doesn't exist anymore unless you're talking about BlackBerry os 7 and not BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 08:43 PM
    You can use the SIM card in another phone, yes, but it may not work in another tablet because the SIM is provisioned for use in a phone and not tablets because carriers want to prohibit customers from doing exactly what you want to

In my experience, BIS data plans double as generic plans as well, so whenever I've put a SIM with a BIS plan on it in a non-BlackBerry, I've had data just fine. The opposite is not true: non-BIS plans don't work in BBOS phones.
    03-22-15 08:46 PM