Hi

Before I ask my questions I will just outline what I have done:

1) Was running Z10 on 10.2.
    2) Did a complete Backup using Blackberry Link
    3) Loaded a 10.3 leak
    4) Decided I wanted to go back to 10.2 so reloaded this.
    5) Tried to to a Full Restore but it is just saying it is cancelled before it even gets going
    6) Went back to 10.3 and just tried to restore some of the specific apps that I particularly want the data for but just had the same cancelling problem.

I am happy running either 10.2 or 10.3 but there is data from maybe 5 or 6 apps that I want to try and get back (things like Whatsapp and Text history, Cascarun workouts, petrol usage tracker etc etc.

Is there any way I can get the backup to restore properly or if not can I extract this specific app data somehow?

Thanks
    02-17-15 06:13 AM
    If you are on 10.3.1 and have a backup in 10.2 you should be able to restore selectively. Have you finished setting up your 10.3.1 installation? Have you rebooted your PC and your phone and then tried again?
    02-17-15 08:15 AM
    Hi

Yes I finished setting up and rebooted both a couple of times. Even selectively restoring I get the same message. As soon as it looks like it is actually going to start loading the restore it just immediately says: "Restore was cancelled. The operation was cancelled and some items were not restored."

I have some older backups (unfortunately not new enough to be useful) which I have also just tried restoring from and I get the same message.

I have also just noticed another error message in the 'recent activity' part of BB Link that says "Unable to save name. An error occurred while saving device name. If the error persists reconnect your device and try again".

I had noticed my Blackberry name was different that before. Maybe this is the problem? I cant see where to change the name though??

Many thanks
    02-17-15 09:44 AM