how can I do that?
    11-12-14 11:42 AM
    Sorry, you can't.
    BB10 devices can't do legacy OS and vice versa.

Unless, you want to cut out a section of the Passport and glue in a Bold.
    11-12-14 11:48 AM
    Sorry, you can't.

why not?

and any proof to your statement why it's not possible?
    11-12-14 11:54 AM
    Two questions... Why would you want to do that? And without a tool-belt- how would it work on a Passport device? I know the BB-Bold is touch screen but a Passport...
    11-12-14 11:55 AM
    Two questions... Why would you want to do that? And without a tool-belt- how would it work on a Passport device? I know the BB-Bold is touch screen but a Passport...
    hmm thats indeed a good question... so i should try to get a Classic and then ask the question again?
    11-12-14 11:56 AM
    Lmfao hahaha Eish made my day

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:01 PM
    hmm thats indeed a good question... so i should try to get a Classic and then ask the question again?
    Based on that logic apparently...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:04 PM
    You won't be able to install it on the classic either

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-12-14 12:05 PM
    Sorry, you can't.

LMAO!
    11-12-14 12:06 PM
    Gwuh, Google it, been asked ten thousand times already, guhhhhh...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:07 PM
    No BB10 device will run BBOS operating systems and vice versa. Just a very different architecture. The way BBOS was essentially a java based emulation, with separate hardware-defined app+OS memory, RAM and device-media memory, has almost nothing to do with QNX kernel based BB10.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:09 PM
    You won't be able to install it on the classic either

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    why not?
    its software, tell me in technical details why a blackberry classic in this matter cannot run blackberry os 7.1

its java.. which will perfectly run on the classic.
    11-12-14 12:13 PM
    No BB10 device will run BBOS operating systems and vice versa. Just a very different architecture. The way BBOS was essentially a java based emulation, with separate hardware-defined app+OS memory, RAM and device-media memory, has almost nothing to do with QNX kernel based BB10.

Posted via CB10
    exactly, and java can run on any platform or architecture..or almost every one..
    11-12-14 12:14 PM
    Same reason you can't install windows, iOS, Android etc. On your passport.. it's not made to run it

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:19 PM
    Same reason you can't install windows, iOS, Android etc. On your passport.. it's not made to run it

Posted via CB10
    my computer is also not made to run osx, but still it does..
    RubenDM likes this.
    11-12-14 12:21 PM
    Why is this question even being asked? Seriously, these forums are not meant for useless bull****.
    Blacklatino and SlcCorrado like this.
    11-12-14 12:29 PM
    What a funny thread

Blackberry Z3 OS 10.3.1.1016
    Blacklatino and q649 like this.
    11-12-14 12:38 PM
    how can I do that?
    Not sure, but if you want I can tell you how to rip out the computer of a 2014 Chevy Camaro so you can use points and a distributor insteaad......Facepalm
    11-12-14 12:42 PM
    It's not possible because the operating system is not written to accept the Passports hardware. It won't recognize the hardware as being valid like adding new parts windows it needs drivers/ new coding to work the installed hardware
    11-12-14 12:43 PM
    You know just because he says his account isn't fake, it doesn't mean it's the truth.

Does anyone really think this is a true question or does everyone know he's being facetious and are just entertaining?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:51 PM
    my computer is also not made to run osx, but still it does..
    Cool and you did that without installing any additional hardware (ie PCIe card or dongle) to make it into a Hackintosh or did you use Niresh where some hackers did the same thing to overcome the hardware checks and limitations?

Based on your argument my trusty old 9810 on AT&T should be able to run software for the BlackBerry 5000 since after all they were both based on Java.

I would love to drop my phone and get a BB10 phone but I am stuck using it because of work and may have my hand forced to go with a non BB soon due to my work transitioning from BES 5 to MobileIron despite my repeated attempts to get them to reconsider and at least look at BES 10 or 12. My wife has a Z10 and there is absolutely nothing I miss from OS7.1 when using her phone. I can't say the same thing when I pick my phone back up and it has nothing to do with apps unless you consider the browser an app.

I realize people are different but I just don't think there are enough people wanting to do what you want to do for it to come about unless you are the one that makes it happen. I could probably load a crippled version of Windows 7 in my car if I really wanted to but the experience would be abysmal and I would probably be the only person to find such a thing useful.

I think a better idea would be for you to articulate what it is you are missing about the horse and buggy rather than swear off cars and move to Amish country.
    11-12-14 12:58 PM
    What?.... are you telling me my Passport is not running OS7.1.. lying bastards.. I am putting mine on kijiji tonight!!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 12:58 PM
    you have posed two questions

1 installing BBOS7 on any new device is of course possible like you said it just software on hardware.
    2 how can you do it? YOU can't if you have to pose the question here and then feel the need to challenge peoples answer YOU lack the skill set and anyone with it probably won't waste their time on something like that.
    11-12-14 12:59 PM
    Not just OS...if the OP wants a difinative reason it is called the boot loader.... each device uses a different boot loader which is both a hardware and software combo... if you have an OS 6 device the boot loader will only launch OS 6...OS 7 and BB10 same deal.,.. this is why you cannot root a BB device... secondly... the OS are hardware dependant... even if you were able to get OS7 on to a BB10 device it would not run as the OS would not recognize the hardware.....

Perhaps the OP should take a bit of time researching on Google as there are many posts on this issue..... whole thread is a waste if time....
    11-12-14 01:09 PM
    You know just because he says his account isn't fake, it doesn't mean it's the truth.

Does anyone really think this is a true question or does everyone know he's being facetious and are just entertaining?

Posted via CB10
    Yes....hilarious.

OP as mentioned, this has been asked and answered many times related to different scenarios(OS/devices) in the past with the end results being why can't it happen. So, if and/or when you can get your PC to recognize the OS 7.1....with a USB connecting your Passport- go for it. Take pics of the screen because- even if (by some miracle) you were to get it loaded.....I doubt it would work. I say doubt, because I have no pics from anyone actually trying to turn the OS clock back on a new BlackBerry. Even if (big ifs) the person was successful, what would be the purpose? You would be better off going on eBay and buying a Legacy BlackBerry with 7.1 OS installed on it......and sell your Passport.
    11-12-14 01:28 PM
30 12