Hello folks, hope you are doing great.

Quick question :

Priv or Dtek50 ?

I want to try out this new blackberry-android thing everybody is talking about but I don't want to spend much money doing it.
    Yes, I want it to be a blackberry.
    Currently using a Z30 and Passport SE

Best regards

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 04:41 PM
    Priv.
    04-28-17 05:41 PM
    Priv has the PKB, Detek50 has the VKB. Your choice as to which you enjoy the most. Either one you get make sure it is Factory Unlocked, in order to get the monthly security updates at a faster rate. Otherwise you have to wait for the carriers to push the security updates to your phone, and we all know how well that ends up.

I personally have the Priv as it's a slider to choose if I want the PKB or VKB.
    04-28-17 05:43 PM
    Priv has the PKB, Detek50 has the VKB. Your choice as to which you enjoy the most. Either one you get make sure it is Factory Unlocked, in order to get the monthly security updates at a faster rate. Otherwise you have to wait for the carriers to push the security updates to your phone, and we all know how well that ends up.

I personally have the Priv as it's a slider to choose if I want the PKB or VKB.
    In addition, Priv has a bit larger (though that can be a minus for some), better, and AMOLED screen, and a faster CPU and more internal storage. 16 GB is not exactly spacious nowadays and it could be limiting.
    Now, Priv vs. DTEK60, there, IMO, we can talk more about PKB as the biggest difference, but Priv is hands down the better phone if compared to the DTEK50.
    04-29-17 01:26 AM
    I'd get the DTEK60 which is excellent. Get the new one if you really want the PKB though.
    04-29-17 12:31 PM
    Considering all the people who have reported problems with their PRIVs I wouldn't buy one. I've been quite satisfied with my DTEK.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 04-30-17 at 09:29 AM.
    04-29-17 01:59 PM
    Considering all the people who have reported problems with their PRIVs I wouldn't by one. I've been quite satisfied with my DTEK.
    There are also many users who are satisfied with the Priv. Myself included.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    04-30-17 04:01 AM
    Definitely the Priv
    Choice, of Keyboards, better processor, better screen, I'd say better battery even, RGB LED.
    And to me better looks and a unique form factor

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 04:11 AM
    There are also many users who are satisfied with the Priv. Myself included.
    Yes, and I'm sure almost all of you bought your PRIVs new. Today I would expect that most people are buying them in a used or returned condition, which increases the chance of having problems, especially if the price is attractively low.
    04-30-17 09:37 AM
    Bought my priv used. No issues at all. The issue is some people download some really sketchy apps on android and that messes up their phone.
    04-30-17 12:34 PM
    I traded a Z30 and a Classic for a used Dtek50, just to learn how to use Android. Figured it was the cheapest way to try it out, and then I could invest in something fancier, like a Dtek60.
    Surprisingly, although I could use more internal memory, I've come to like this phone, so I can now take my time before upgrading.
    You first have to decide if you need a keyboard. Privs are pretty cheap now too.

BB 9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>
    Classic>Dtek50>
    04-30-17 09:56 PM
    Yes, and I'm sure almost all of you bought your PRIVs new. Today I would expect that most people are buying them in a used or returned condition, which increases the chance of having problems, especially if the price is attractively low.
    That's true, I'm sure many of the members got their Priv's new, some carrier and some shop BlackBerry/no contract. So your idea of most units being new makes a lot of sense. At least in regards to CB, the enthusiast crowd.
    05-01-17 02:56 AM