I made the switch to the Galaxy S7 edge yesterday (even though I love my bb and will keep it always) but I am having a very hard time using Samsung's smart switch app to transfer all of my data from my bb to the s7. My device is showing connected, however it refuses to install the software. I called Samsung and they had no solution for me. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 12:18 PM
    ok, what's the desktop OS?
    03-12-16 12:20 PM
    Desktop is Windows 7 Home

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 12:23 PM
    any errors when trying to install the software?
    03-12-16 12:30 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160312_133501.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	393979

According to Samsung, I have to sideload their app on the Q10, and then it will wirelessly sync with the S7. I tried using the desktop app but it doesn't work. This is the error I get when I try to download the app onto my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 12:37 PM
    wow what firmware is running on the q10? you should use snap... instead of desktop transfer... How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com
    03-12-16 12:57 PM
    10.3.2.2474?

I will try Snap, but that downloader came straight from Samsung. You would think it'd be legit...

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 01:07 PM
    10.3.2.2474?

I will try Snap, but that downloader came straight from Samsung. You would think it'd be legit...

Posted via CB10
    The app you need on the Q10 is from playstore = Snap on BB10 I guess.
    03-12-16 01:08 PM
    Makes sense. I tried to download it from Google Play on the Q10 and that didn't work either.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 01:22 PM
    Any other help, guys?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 06:52 PM
    I got Samsung 's APK for BlackBerry installed on my Q10 successfully. When I run it on my Q10 and Galaxy S7, the S7 shows as connected to my Q10. But on my Q10, the screen is stuck saying Connecting. I've left it on for 15 minutes, but it won't complete. Any thpughts?
    04-02-16 12:13 PM
    Have you made any progress with this yet? I'm finding this very frustrating...
    04-08-16 09:48 PM
    OK. Here you go.

1. Go here: http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=5SwDKOXP

Scroll down and look for the BB10Attachment 396565 section and expand it and follow the directions to sideload Smart Switch to your BB10 device.

Once it is installed, you'll see an icon on your BB10 device for the app.

2. Start Smart Switch on your Galaxy S7 by going into Settings / Backup and Reset / Start Smart Switch

3. Select BlackBerry from the options and tap Start.

4. Don't follow their directions exactly. You'll see a wireless network SSID on the bottom of the next screen. Before opening the app on your BlackBerry, open settings / WiFi on your BlackBerry.

Find that SSID, select it, and enter the password shown on your S7. Once your BlackBerry is connected to that SSID, then open the Smart Switch app on your BlackBerry.

NOTE: If you follow their instructions and open the app on your BlackBerry before making the WiFi connection, the app will fail once it tries to create that connection for you.

At this point, your S7 should show that it's connected to your BlackBerry.

5. Now that the WiFi connection has been established, open the Smart Switch app on your BlackBerry.

You'll see a screen with a spinning circle. Be very patient. Your BlackBerry is locating all the data that can be transferred.

My initial mistake at this point was quitting after 5 or 10 minutes of waiting.

This can take a long time! In my case it took over 40 minutes.

But then you'll see the list of items that can be moved over.

The process hung when it got to my pictures, videos, and music (I have a lot). What finally worked for me was not checking these off for the Smart Switch run and just moving these manually from my folderson my laptop I had used to sync via BlackBerry Link prior to the switch.

6.Run the switch. You'll have some of your BlackBerry settings (including WiFi profiles). I had a problem with SMS/MMS only showing my side of the conversations I brought over. You'll have all your local Contacts. Your Remember notes will. End up in the Memos app. Your tasks will end up in the Galaxy 's Calendar app as Tasks (tap hamburger button in the top left of the app and select tasks).

I'm typing this from memory because I forget all the choices of types of data to import. But I think this covers the important parts of what you need to get this going.

NOTE: I had called Samsung when I first tried this and couldn't get past the WiFi connection screen from within the BlackBerry Smart Switch app. They just basically read from a script and when it didn't work, opened an escalated support ticket for me. They promised to call me back within 48 hours a week and a half ago!

Update: The images don't appear in this post where they should be.

AND: Don't use the USB cable. This only works over WiFi for BB10 devices. Although I'm coming from a Q10 which does not support USB OTG. It's possible the cable could work with a Z30, Leap, Classic, or Passport (all of which do support USB OTG).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Help with Samsung Smart Switch app-32087.jpg  
    04-08-16 11:31 PM
    HI JordyC87,

had the exact same error for me also

Win 7 Ultimate
    X64
    SP1

so i disabled my AVG antivirus and my vpn software
    then connected my Z30 to my pc by usb (usb mass storage : off, charge only mode: off, manual ipff)

smart switch automatically recognized my Z30 and asked me for my device password.
    after inputting my password my Z30 showed ''SOFTWARE UPDATE' with a progress bar.
    the app was installed successfully

Good luck
    08-16-16 03:58 PM
    OK. Here you go.

1. Go here: Smart Switch for Blackberry

Scroll down and look for the BB10Attachment 396565 section and expand it and follow the directions to sideload Smart Switch to your BB10 device.

Once it is installed, you'll see an icon on your BB10 device for the app.

2. Start Smart Switch on your Galaxy S7 by going into Settings / Backup and Reset / Start Smart Switch

3. Select BlackBerry from the options and tap Start.

4. Don't follow their directions exactly. You'll see a wireless network SSID on the bottom of the next screen. Before opening the app on your BlackBerry, open settings / WiFi on your BlackBerry.

Find that SSID, select it, and enter the password shown on your S7. Once your BlackBerry is connected to that SSID, then open the Smart Switch app on your BlackBerry.

NOTE: If you follow their instructions and open the app on your BlackBerry before making the WiFi connection, the app will fail once it tries to create that connection for you.

At this point, your S7 should show that it's connected to your BlackBerry.

5. Now that the WiFi connection has been established, open the Smart Switch app on your BlackBerry.

You'll see a screen with a spinning circle. Be very patient. Your BlackBerry is locating all the data that can be transferred.

My initial mistake at this point was quitting after 5 or 10 minutes of waiting.

This can take a long time! In my case it took over 40 minutes.

But then you'll see the list of items that can be moved over.

The process hung when it got to my pictures, videos, and music (I have a lot). What finally worked for me was not checking these off for the Smart Switch run and just moving these manually from my folderson my laptop I had used to sync via BlackBerry Link prior to the switch.

6.Run the switch. You'll have some of your BlackBerry settings (including WiFi profiles). I had a problem with SMS/MMS only showing my side of the conversations I brought over. You'll have all your local Contacts. Your Remember notes will. End up in the Memos app. Your tasks will end up in the Galaxy 's Calendar app as Tasks (tap hamburger button in the top left of the app and select tasks).

I'm typing this from memory because I forget all the choices of types of data to import. But I think this covers the important parts of what you need to get this going.

NOTE: I had called Samsung when I first tried this and couldn't get past the WiFi connection screen from within the BlackBerry Smart Switch app. They just basically read from a script and when it didn't work, opened an escalated support ticket for me. They promised to call me back within 48 hours a week and a half ago!

Update: The images don't appear in this post where they should be.

AND: Don't use the USB cable. This only works over WiFi for BB10 devices. Although I'm coming from a Q10 which does not support USB OTG. It's possible the cable could work with a Z30, Leap, Classic, or Passport (all of which do support USB OTG).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I tried to migrate my blackberry SE to my s6 using smart switch but had issues. I couldn't get the wireless method to work, even when I used your method.

Although, I found out though that the OTG method does work. The OTG cable adapter needs to the on the samsung side, not the blackberry side. Also the smart switch app is limited to numeric phone passwords only. I had to change my alphanumeric device password on my blackberry before I could continue.

Otherwise it detected everything and I was able to transfer all my data over w/o issue. Whole thing took 10 minutes.
    11-05-16 09:52 AM
    Just a note: I was able to connect my Z30 directly to the Galaxy S7 and the transfer worked fine. I had tried the wireless method, but after waiting for at least an hour with the spinning circle I tried the direct method (which worked fine and fast).
    11-29-16 07:50 PM