So, I messed up my Blackberry ID. I sold my Q5. did not wipe it and the guy somehow changed my BB ID email to his. The phone was resisted to my BB ID email.

I reset the phone, I have a z30, and now i am stuck on the anti-theft set up process because it thinks it is not my phone.....and buddys BB ID credentials he emailed me do not work.

Can i get around this, or is my phone a brick now?

This message appears " You need to enter the BB ID that was used to set up the device because of the anti-theft was turned on"
    08-26-15 08:05 AM
    This is very confusing.

First off, the person who bought your Q5 can't change your BlackBerry ID without your BBID password.

Second, where did you get your Z30 from? A buddy? Did someone do a wipe of the Z30? If so, it's the BBID that was associated with the Z30/BlackBerry Protect prior to the wipe that you need.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 08:12 AM
    It was wiped clean when I bought it from ebay & set up with my email

I gave him my BB ID Password (Yes, I am an ***** and stupid at times)

I thought he would just reset the phone with it, but nope.
    08-26-15 08:19 AM
    So he continued to use your email and changed your password? Why would he do that and why wouldn't you wipe the phone before selling?
    With the Z30, if the anti-theft is still active you have no choice other than to return it.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 08:24 AM
    I reset the phone, I have a z30, and now i am stuck on the anti-theft set up process because it thinks it is not my phone.....and buddys BB ID credentials he emailed me do not work.
    If his BlackBerry ID does not work then he either gave you incorrectly or it wasn't used to set it up.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 08:28 AM
    I got an email stating my BB ID user had been changed to his email.

Thats when i contacted buddy to find out what he did.

I forced my phone to do a security wipe by purposely typing in my password wrong 10 times

I had a feeling my z30 would not be usable again.
    08-26-15 08:29 AM
    I got an email stating my BB ID user had been changed to his email.

Thats when i contacted buddy to find out what he did.

I forced my phone to do a security wipe by purposely typing in my password wrong 10 times

I had a feeling my z30 would not be usable again.
    What state was the Z30 in when you received it? (btw, stop using the word email - call it BBID).

Was it still using the seller's BBID? If so, did you change it? If so, how did you do that?

08-26-15 08:34 AM
    Sign in at BlackBerry Protect
    Help with resetting my z30 and BBID?-img_20150826_203305.png
    08-26-15 08:36 AM
    It started up like a brand new phone, It asked me if I wanted to create a new one or use an existing BBID, so I set it up with my BBID.

So my email@outlook.com was not a BBID anymore.(after he changed it) I signed up for BBID again with that email so I could use it on the torch I got. but of course, it does not show any of my past devices or the z30
    08-26-15 08:39 AM
    It started up like a brand new phone, It asked me if I wanted to create a new one or use an existing BBID, so I set it up with my BBID.
    So basically your Z30 is now under the BBID that the Q5 owner has taken over? If that's the case you need him to release it.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 08:45 AM
    So basically your Z30 is now under the BBID that the Q5 owner has taken over? If that's the case you need him to release it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this.

OP, you need him to log into BlackBerry Protect with his credentials, and drop your device off the list.

Hopefully that will work.

08-26-15 08:58 AM
    Thanks conite and fastmarc for your help! I will contact the guy i sold my q5 too again
    08-26-15 08:58 AM
    Proper order when selling your BB10 device with 10.3.2 is to sign out of the BB ID, and wipe the device. Then new user then would sign or create a new id for him.
    But what I think you've tried to do is to leave all the apps purchased / installed for this guy to use. So of course by providing him your password he is able to change used id to his email address (even though it was still your ID). So now you need to login with your hijacked ID back to your Z30 (he needs to provide you with password if he changed it or try your old one) and log out and then you create a new ID or ask him to change your old ID back the way it was. It was really stupid on your part to give/sell your phone like that...Hopefully he is your friend.
    08-26-15 09:26 AM
    Thanks conite and fastmarc for your help! I will contact the guy i sold my q5 too again
    Cool, let us know if you get through. Might prove helpful to others in the future.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 09:26 AM
    So now you need to login with your hijacked ID back to your Z30 (he needs to provide you with password if he changed it or try your old one) and log out and then you create a new ID or ask him to change your old ID back the way it was.
    Yes, I suspect this has to be done on the Z30 and not on Protect site, but still worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 09:43 AM
    Pls I need on how to install gta China town war on my z10 os 10.3.2

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 09:45 AM
    Update, so i emailed the guy and have gotten no response since I posted here last.

I really do not know what to do next :S
    Start looking for a new Z30?
    08-27-15 07:29 PM
    I really do not know what to do next :S
    Start looking for a new Z30?
    Without turning off the anti-theft, I'm afraid so.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 07:55 PM
    I'm trying to purchase a Z30 from a buddy too (I searched online on kijiji) - the Z30 is secure wiped, but after I entered my BlackBerry ID and password it said wrong credentials entered and enabled the anti-theft feature.

So reading this post, I requested Buddy to delete device from his protect.blackberry.com account. Now doing a secure wipe again via device settings, hopefully it works.

Drafted on my Q10
    09-16-15 06:46 PM
    Just providing update on my earlier post - deleting device from Buddy's protect.blackberry.com account and then performing Security Wipe via Device settings helped resolve the Anti-theft issue.

I was able to setup the Z30 successfully with my own BlackBerry ID and now am a temporary happy owner of less than a year old white Z30 ( My cousin was interested in a white BlackBerry so I'll be giving him the Z30 when I visit next month).

Drafted on my Q10
    09-17-15 07:57 AM
    Proper order when selling your BB10 device with 10.3.2 is to sign out of the BB ID, and wipe the device. Then new user then would sign or create a new id for him.
    Correct me, but if one is running 10.3.2, the first thing one does before wiping the device is turn protect OFF. Which would allow the new owner to indeed create his/her own ID. Otherwise you're back having to sign in with the original ID.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-17-15 10:11 AM
    Correct me, but if one is running 10.3.2, the first thing one does before wiping the device is turn protect OFF. Which would allow the new owner to indeed create his/her own ID. Otherwise you're back having to sign in with the original ID.
    1. Settings > BlackBerry Protect > Anti-Theft > OFF;
    2. Log in to BlackBerry Protect > Manage Devices > remove the device from your BBID;
    3. Wipe the device (optional: use an autoloader);
    4. Sell the device

Really sorry for you OP. I hope you canget in touch with the dude and sort it out.
    09-17-15 10:25 AM