i am a new bb z10 owner k i can not transfer media from my pc to the device . bb link doen't seem to work properly . what can i do ?
    09-11-14 08:07 AM
    Ok this may sound like a strange question, BUT do you have a Chromecast installed on your PC? If so uninstall it, it does not play nice with BB Link. I learned that through MUCH trial and error. Also have you tried different USB ports on your computer? If you are using the ones on the front of the PC try the ones on the back, and try a different cable. When you plug the BB in to the computer do you get a message that it recognizes a device and wants to install software? Let it install this software, its the drivers.
    09-11-14 08:26 AM
    What is the problem with LINK?

Also, through windows, once you are connected via USB cable, your device should map two drives to your pc. One is the device memory and the other SD card. Simply move or copy files from your pc to one of these.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-11-14 08:26 AM
    on LINK the sync media section is loading and does nothing else . Also i can't see the sevice on my pc to copy-paste
    09-11-14 08:40 AM
    To use the "copy and paste/drag"method without BBLink (to transfer media in both directions) its necessary to change a setting of the Z10:
    Go to Settings, Store and access* (*I dont know the english menu- I translate my german menu!) and scroll down to USB/Bulk-storage. Switch "ON"! This item of menu appears only with a micro-SD inside!
    After connecting via USB-cable your PC will show ("Computer"...) two new drives (normaly F and G)... One of this drives is the storage aof the device and one is the micro-SD!
    pkcable likes this.
    09-11-14 08:46 AM
    Turn on mass storage mode on your Z10. Settings, Storage and Access, go all the way to the bottom and turn on mass storage. Then plug in to the computer.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    09-11-14 08:50 AM
    i did that but it has no ON switch , i checked "connection with windows " but still nothing
    09-11-14 08:51 AM
    i have no sd card ! can't turn on mass storage otherwise ?
    09-11-14 09:13 AM
    Yep Mass Storage requires an SD card, as it is you will be limited to Link. In the BlackBerry device Manager in your tray, does it show as the internal memory being detected and mapped?
    09-11-14 09:28 AM