Firstly I'll admit that my understanding of tech is extremely limited, and I apologize if I don't give enough detail or if I sound ignorant - I am ignorant, and that's why I need help. If there's any other information I can give please don't hesitate to ask.
    My OS is Windows Vista, 32 bit system.
    The problem first started a few months ago. Although I had Desktop Manager installed at some point in the past, I had uninstalled it a fairly a long time ago and wasn't suffering from any issues.
    It started with a game, that when I'd launch Windows Installer would pop up, trying to install Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1. This prevented me from interacting with my system, in effect the computer would freeze. I couldn't exit the program and had to manually restart my computer.
    The install would fail, and I would recieve this message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Blackberry Desktop Software.msi"
    I began to have this issue with more programs, and it has prevented me accessing certain functions. Naturally I became quite frustrated, and on reflection tried to deal with the problem quite clumsily. I searched high and low on my computer, looking for files relating to Blackberry and Research in Motion and deleting them. Unfortunately this hasn't solved the problem.
    I've been working on a solution to this problem for the better part of three months now, and I'm out of ideas. I'm not that computer literate, the only solution I can see now is to find the .msi file it asked for and opening that through the error message, installing it through that. Unfortunately I can't find this file unsurprisingly, I imagine it's quite out of date.
    I can't believe this would be the only solution, and I'm hoping someone more capable can give me better suggestions.

Thank you for your help, if you have any questions please ask.
    08-14-16 02:58 PM
    Firstly I'll admit that my understanding of tech is extremely limited, and I apologize if I don't give enough detail or if I sound ignorant - I am ignorant, and that's why I need help. If there's any other information I can give please don't hesitate to ask.
    My OS is Windows Vista, 32 bit system.
    The problem first started a few months ago. Although I had Desktop Manager installed at some point in the past, I had uninstalled it a fairly a long time ago and wasn't suffering from any issues.
    It started with a game, that when I'd launch Windows Installer would pop up, trying to install Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1. This prevented me from interacting with my system, in effect the computer would freeze. I couldn't exit the program and had to manually restart my computer.
    The install would fail, and I would recieve this message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Blackberry Desktop Software.msi"
    I began to have this issue with more programs, and it has prevented me accessing certain functions. Naturally I became quite frustrated, and on reflection tried to deal with the problem quite clumsily. I searched high and low on my computer, looking for files relating to Blackberry and Research in Motion and deleting them. Unfortunately this hasn't solved the problem.
    I've been working on a solution to this problem for the better part of three months now, and I'm out of ideas. I'm not that computer literate, the only solution I can see now is to find the .msi file it asked for and opening that through the error message, installing it through that. Unfortunately I can't find this file unsurprisingly, I imagine it's quite out of date.
    I can't believe this would be the only solution, and I'm hoping someone more capable can give me better suggestions.

Thank you for your help, if you have any questions please ask.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

From what you have described, it seems that this is more so an issue with your build of Windows. Do you have the option of running Windows 7 or later on your machine? If not I would suggest trying to use the exe file instead and running it as administrator.

Also, is this computer maintained by a workplace or is it a personal computer?
    08-14-16 05:27 PM