So I've just murdered my Z30 screen,
    It fell face down on concrete and has cracked everywhere

Do any of the South African CB users know where in JHB I can take it for same day repair???

HELP! I broke my screen :(-img_20140902_093741.jpg

Sidebar: All credit to BlackBerry though, the screen is cracked everywhere but it's fully responsive

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    09-02-14 02:50 AM
    wow that is a bummer! I am glad they didnt use the same display tech as the z10. If they did you would have brick until its fixed. Hopefully you get some local help and are back up and running quickly!
    09-02-14 04:59 AM
    So Ive found a place to take it to, its actually there now.

Just got a call from them to say they "changed the LCD and the proximity sensor is not working"
    Firstly I know that proximity sensor was still working perfectly when I took the phone in, coz I used it and made calls and everything, had no issues (just the heart break of seeing that broken screen)
    Also LCD????? Umm no, try AMOLED, veeeery different, pretty sure I know my phone buddy. This was the "department manager" who called me....
    So after a while of me trying to get this through his head, he says ok, they will try put my screen back on, test what happens and call me back, he said maybe the LCD is faulty LCD for goodness sake.
    Im not feeling so optimistic about where Ive taken my phone anymore
    09-02-14 07:13 AM
    So Ive found a place to take it to, its actually there now.

Just got a call from them to say they "changed the LCD and the proximity sensor is not working"
    Firstly I know that proximity sensor was still working perfectly when I took the phone in, coz I used it and made calls and everything, had no issues (just the heart break of seeing that broken screen)
    Also LCD????? Umm no, try AMOLED, veeeery different, pretty sure I know my phone buddy. This was the "department manager" who called me....
    So after a while of me trying to get this through his head, he says ok, they will try put my screen back on, test what happens and call me back, he said maybe the LCD is faulty LCD for goodness sake.
    Im not feeling so optimistic about where Ive taken my phone anymore
    Don't fret, most ppl just use "lcd" to mean mobile display. Hopefully it will be good as new by the time you get it.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 07:52 AM
    He called back about 10 mins later to say he reseated everything and suddenly the proximity sensor started work again like magic....
    Or it was just replaced correctly

Either way didn't take long, and I'm happily sitting with Z30 in hand, with its shiny new screen.

09-02-14 12:22 PM
    Can anyone help me

Posted via CB10
    What is it you need help with?
    Have you also broken your screen?

09-02-14 01:24 PM