Device: BlackBerry Passport most up to date (nov.4)

Symptoms:
    During a call, people can't hear me(muffled to nothing) UNLESS I use speaker phone.
    I also noticed every time my call ended, my phone vibrates once + a blue LED flash (which is weird bc I have bluetooth off)

I have tried resetting the phone multiple times and no its not reception related. Tested it.

Please help!!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:48 PM
    Device: BlackBerry Passport most up to date (nov.4)

Symptoms:
    During a call, people can't hear me(muffled to nothing) UNLESS I use speaker phone.
    I also noticed every time my call ended, my phone vibrates once + a blue LED flash (which is weird bc I have bluetooth off)

I have tried resetting the phone multiple times and no its not reception related. Tested it.

Please help!!

Posted via CB10
    Huh? Are you saying something. I'd say you bad OS load. I would back up your data via Link and reload your OS via link and reinstall your data
    11-05-15 09:21 PM
    Your mic may be gone... if you put your mouth up to it and yell real loud.. can they hear you?

it happened on my wife's phone and we had to RMA it.

Run BlackBerry Virtual expert and run the mic diagnostics

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    11-05-15 09:25 PM
    *update: I just noticed my notifications are not triggering any sound. This led me to investigate the volume. The problem might be because my phone thinks it's connected to a headphone. What led me to this conclusion is the fact that I have my volume button set for notifications. When I tried adjusting the volume it was increasing/decreasing the media volume

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:34 PM
    Lynxs_claw they can hear me just extremely quiet.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:35 PM
    Lynxs_claw they can hear me just extremely quiet.

Posted via CB10
    Yep sound like the mic is going.

Same thing happen with my wife's z30 that we had to replace. I'd contact BlackBerry customer service.

Note I had trouble RMA'ing with BlackBerry since through their diagnostic program (BlackBerry virtual assistant), you could still hear the mic recording. So the rep kept telling me the mic was ok. It was until I did a side by side comparison of the recording between my wife z30 and my good one that you could actually hear the quality difference. On my z30, the recording playback was crisp, loud and rich, on my wife's it was low and muffled.

I'm not sure of what software controls BlackBerry uses when the mic is used on calls, but I found with the defective mic, you get no sound registration. My wife's phone went from others intermittently hearing her on a call to people not hearing her at all unless you literally yell into the mic at close proximity - even then the sound volume was very faint.

That's the other thing I had to prove to the rep to show them that the mic was defective. I had to have them call my wife's phone and demonstrate they couldn't hear me and yell into the mic so they barely could.

I had wiped and reinstalled her phone prior to calling BlackBerry customer service which obviously didn't fix the problem.

Hope my experience helps you out.

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-06-15 05:43 AM