I may have done something stupid

I had a message stating it was from Blackberry saying that Google required me to authenticate my gmail account by clicking on a link with the URL starting with https and then what looked like an authentic blackberry URL including bis7.eu, I cannot put the full URL in as the system won't accept URL's in messages, this was all followed by lots of letters and numbers. The message said I had 120 minutes before the link expired.

This was does not seem to be an email because I cannot go above the start of the text to see all the information about who the sender is as I can on all my emails and as it doesn't appear in my text messages it doesn't appear to be a text either.

My only excuse for clicking on the link was that it arrived at 05:45 in the morning and I was half asleep when I read it.

When the link opened it stated that the link had expired and I had disable and enable contacts and calendar from email setup to receive a new URL I have not done this but I still seem to be getting emails ok.

Have I fallen for a scam and if so what damage have I caused by opening the link and have any more of you had the same message?

Regards

Philsim
    03-08-15 01:42 AM
    If you only click the link, I don't think you've done any damage. Unless you put your personal information or email details in it.
    03-08-15 01:50 AM
    Sound like you're describing a BB7 device system message but based on your info hard to say. You never mentioned which type of device you're using. If it's a BBOS device, sounds like an unsynched account.. which happens.. and shouldn't really be an issue.
    03-08-15 01:53 AM
    It's scam. Look at the email address. It's not from gmail

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:55 AM
    Unfortunately I may have fell for this. The email looks really authentic.

I passed over my gmail account password and then it seems like a device has accessed it but not seen anything untoward yet on the account.

It was my work phone and I already had it set up to receive emails but then had the gmail verification email arrive.

Thing is- no one oat the Blackberry phone service seem to know if it is from them or not!

Any help would be appreciated..
    03-09-15 10:46 AM
    Unfortunately I may have fell for this. The email looks really authentic.

I passed over my gmail account password and then it seems like a device has accessed it but not seen anything untoward yet on the account.

It was my work phone and I already had it set up to receive emails but then had the gmail verification email arrive.

Thing is- no one oat the Blackberry phone service seem to know if it is from them or not!

Any help would be appreciated..
    The best solution if you are unsure is to assume your gmail password is blown. Start the damage control by CHANGING YOUR GMAIL PASSWORD so the old one becomes useless to any attacker. Once you have done that you can enter the new password into various connected devices as they notice the any stored passwords are no longer valid.
    03-09-15 02:16 PM