I have a friend who has a Blackberry smartphone. I actually have an iPhone, though (in case that matters.)

When I call, his phone rings maybe four times and then I hear a dial tone (kind of like the old-fashioned ones) as if he'd hung up or the call is busy. This does not usually happen, instead it usually goes to voicemail.

The thing is, I'd actually tried calling him from another friend's phone, and in doing so, it rang normally and went to voicemail. I called one more time from my phone just to test further, and it still gave me that weird dial tone sound.

So... I'm wondering if this is a sign that I've been blocked. The friendship is rocky right now and I wouldn't be surprised, but it's just very strange.
    04-06-17 04:34 PM
    Can you sms the phone successfully?
    04-06-17 05:41 PM
    I have a friend who has a Blackberry smartphone. I actually have an iPhone, though (in case that matters.)

When I call, his phone rings maybe four times and then I hear a dial tone (kind of like the old-fashioned ones) as if he'd hung up or the call is busy. This does not usually happen, instead it usually goes to voicemail.

The thing is, I'd actually tried calling him from another friend's phone, and in doing so, it rang normally and went to voicemail. I called one more time from my phone just to test further, and it still gave me that weird dial tone sound.

So... I'm wondering if this is a sign that I've been blocked. The friendship is rocky right now and I wouldn't be surprised, but it's just very strange.
    It's possible, but I wouldn't necessarily assume that.

Two examples:

1.) I cannot call my buddy's phone. We can text back and forth, and he can call me, but if I attempt to call him I get a carrier error message saying something to the effect of "the wireless customer you are trying to call is having technical difficulties and cannot be reached at this time. Please try your call again later." He lives 50 feet away and we have tested this in my driveway on multiple occasions. We can't figure out what the problem is, it's just weird. He uses an android device.

2.) I cannot talk to my cousin while on Bluetooth. She dropped her phone a while back and ever since then, if we're on the phone and I try to put the call on my Bluetooth it ends up being dead noise. Happens every time with her, and only her. She said other people have reported the same problem with her phone. Now, I don't understand what her phone would have to do with me putting my end of the call on Bluetooth, but it obviously has something to do with it somewhere because it simply doesn't work with her....ever. I usually just end up using the built in speaker phone on the device, which works great. She uses an iPhone.

Moral of the story, sometimes there's weird things with technology we can't explain, and sometimes those things aren't worth the time to fully trouble shoot. The work around is often easier. Shoot this person an email or something. If you don't get a reply, then maybe you're blocked. You say the relationship is rocky, so who knows, they may just be sitting on the other end wondering why you haven't cared enough to call.....and it's just one big misunderstanding caused by some "technical difficulties." =)

Of course, if there was some cheating or something going on....well, then, you're probably blocked.

Use common sense. You'll figure it out.

All the best to you.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-06-17 06:06 PM
    And, if you don't get a response from the sms it may mean that you really are being ignored .....
    04-06-17 06:09 PM
    Sounds to me like your "friend" is using a call blocker app to intercept your calls.
    04-06-17 07:56 PM