I received my unlocked BB Classic yesterday afternoon and it is awesome! WAS awesome that is. Within the last hour, it appears to have died. The screen is blank and when I try the power button at the top, I only get an occasional red flash of the LED indicator. A single flash. I let it sit for a little while and then tried again. Thought the crisis was over. The word BlackBerry came up on the screen for a minute or two and then the screen went blank again. The battery was right at 80% when the screen first went dead. I've tried plugging into wall with original issue charger but nothing. The only thing that occurred just prior to this is that I tried it in a couple of cases and holsters that had just come in the mail. Silly thought, but I'm wondering if I somehow pushed a combination of buttons retrieving it from the holster, etc. I'm dead in the water and traveling tomorrow. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
    01-15-15 01:04 PM
    You could try to reload the OS....
    01-15-15 01:19 PM
    You tried the volume button reset feature I assume?

Also, next try connecting it to Link.
    01-15-15 01:36 PM
    Thank you for the response! I had tried the volume button reset to no avail. Then I continued to research and found a thread where someone had the same issue with a Passport and they did the volume button reset along with the power button. So I plugged the phone in with original charger and tried the three buttons at the same time. Had to hold them down for quite a while but it came back to life! It worked for about 15 minutes, became noticeably warm in my hand and shut down again. I did the three button restart again and it's in the process of rebooting. I have a replacement on the way from Amazon. I'm thinking that may be the ticket. I am very appreciate of the responses here!
    01-15-15 02:24 PM
    Thank you for the response! I had tried the volume button reset to no avail. Then I continued to research and found a thread where someone had the same issue with a Passport and they did the volume button reset along with the power button. So I plugged the phone in with original charger and tried the three buttons at the same time. Had to hold them down for quite a while but it came back to life! It worked for about 15 minutes, became noticeably warm in my hand and shut down again. I did the three button restart again and it's in the process of rebooting. I have a replacement on the way from Amazon. I'm thinking that may be the ticket. I am very appreciate of the responses here!
    I'm glad you got yours from Amazon! ShopBlackBerry would be a very different experience.
    01-15-15 03:49 PM
    Wipe

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 08:34 PM
    A couple of things to note. When you first setup the device it will sync all your emails/contacts/etc and the phone might get hot. It shouldnt shut down though so if it is doing that then something indeed could be wrong. Hopefully the replacement works as it should
    01-15-15 09:05 PM
    I'll tell you right now it died. My z10 did that. I woke up one morning and exact same as what your saying. Had to send it to Telus and they sent it in for repair...sent me a brand new one.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 10:04 PM
    I've got a classic doing the exact same, unfortunately for me I got the phone brand new off kijiji and now I have to try and deal with BlackBerry about warranty information, they keep telling me to go to rogers, but they won't do nothing because the phone isn't registered to me (I'm a bell customer)

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 10:39 PM