Like many others, I am still waiting for the new OS. As I see the many random issues, it makes me want to wait until at least the bugs are all straightened out. If all these problems are real, and I have no reason to not believe that they are, then BlackBerry has dropped the ball AGAIN!!!

My reasons being:

1) They should have foreseen these problems. Was there any significant beta testing?

2) There are multiple suggestions here on CB, from "give the new OS a few days to settle in" to "do a hard reset" to "security wipe and reload"

If all this is necessary for some to do, why is BlackBerry not communicating this?

Instead, they leave people to figure it our by trial and error. Not good at all!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:44 PM
    Yes I agree but every other platform has had there problems also, and there will be a fix soon I'm sure.
    02-21-15 07:52 PM
    I have a Passport and a Z30, both updated to the new ota and no issues noticed till now, both the phones working fine and I m enjoying the new OS.
    Means some device has issues and some don't.
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243

Helalzone
    aloushka37 likes this.
    02-21-15 10:58 PM
    What bugs? Most people have small issues and are doing a lot of complaining. Why anyone would do an ota which introduces problems is beyond me. Just download an autoloader and install it yourself and there is total control. Glad it worked out for the poster above me though!

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    02-21-15 11:02 PM
    What bugs? Most people have small issues and are doing a lot of complaining. Why anyone would do an ota which introduces problems is beyond me. Just download an autoloader and install it yourself and there is total control. Glad it worked out for the poster above me though!

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    Jaydee, here is my issue. If it were not for Crackberry, how would people know any of the information you are sharing? Going back to my original premise, shouldn't Blackberry be aware of the issues people are having with the update?

Secondly, is they are aware, shouldn't they be in communication with the people who buy their products?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:02 AM
    Jaydee, here is my issue. If it were not for Crackberry, how would people know any of the information you are sharing? Going back to my original premise, shouldn't Blackberry be aware of the issues people are having with the update?

Secondly, is they are aware, shouldn't they be in communication with the people who buy their products?

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you are saying. But that is something BlackBerry isn't currently invested in. While Apple is spending 100s of millions on customer services. There are also plenty of material to look at ( help app, BlackBerry website includes additional info) and I've seen plenty of people that don't even bother backing up... which needs to be done with any platform.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:21 AM
    Bring things into perspective. Take a look at the employee count of apple vs bb. It's actually impressive that there aren't more problems... had they released the Passport 10.3.1 with no flickering which to me is the biggest problem it would be a fairly smooth upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 02:24 AM
    Like many others, I am still waiting for the new OS. As I see the many random issues, it makes me want to wait until at least the bugs are all straightened out. If all these problems are real, and I have no reason to not believe that they are, then BlackBerry has dropped the ball AGAIN!!!

My reasons being:

1) They should have foreseen these problems. Was there any significant beta testing?

2) There are multiple suggestions here on CB, from "give the new OS a few days to settle in" to "do a hard reset" to "security wipe and reload"

If all this is necessary for some to do, why is BlackBerry not communicating this?

Instead, they leave people to figure it our by trial and error. Not good at all!!!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry simply don't respect consumers at all, that's why most people don't want they products.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    02-22-15 04:20 AM
    My update wait smooth in the end, the only problem I had was the update eating up all my memory. The only complaints I have is the hubs too bright, the blackberry assistant can be annoying at times but that can be switched off. My phone is faster and has a better look, was it worth the wait? Nope

Z10 STL10-2 Vodafone UK
    02-22-15 08:11 AM