With previous models all one had to do is press a letter and scroll the cursor, once found press the cursor...easy!
    Now is worse, haphazard, unpredictale, and more difficult.
    Have been stubbornly using BB because of the key board and at what point for brand faithfulness, my patience has run out with the lack of intelligence and wisdon the company is being run and their disregard for the consumer and the basic functionality it made once the only sensible bussiness device in the market foe serious proffesionals that need to work efficiently rather than play and waste time in social media gossip!
    09-27-15 10:53 AM
    just make an auto correct .. use xn and insert
    jpoq likes this.
    09-27-15 11:51 AM
    All you have to do is hold the 'n' button and you get the option for . Why is that complicated? Furthermore, if you set it to a certain language it's going to autocorrect any wrong 'n' to ''
    09-27-15 01:11 PM
    That doesn't necessarily work on a physical keyboard. (The OP never said which model he was using.) I'd go with creating a Word substitution for it as well, to be sure.

All you have to do is hold the 'n' button and you get the option for . Why is that complicated? Furthermore, if you set it to a certain language it's going to autocorrect any wrong 'n' to ''
    Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2339, Radio .2340
    09-27-15 02:12 PM

On a passport that was easier than autotext. long press works great, depends on your typing speed

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 08:05 PM
    That doesn't necessarily work on a physical keyboard. (The OP never said which model he was using.) I'd go with creating a Word substitution for it as well, to be sure.

From my Q10, a long press on the letter n gives me:

-img_20150928_060114.png

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    09-28-15 05:01 AM

Uh, yes it does work for a physical keyboard...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-12-15 09:11 AM
    If you think is simple good for you. all the users I know that used the bold and the 9900 agree with me the previous process was quicker and simpler than this new and improved dumb process.
    Another step back and more frustation for those of us that stupidly continue to stick by BlackBerry, despite the lack of respect from RIM.
    10-13-15 09:21 PM
    If you think is simple good for you. all the users I know that used the bold and the 9900 agree with me the previous process was quicker and simpler than this new and improved dumb process.
    Another step back and more frustation for those of us that stupidly continue to stick by BlackBerry, despite the lack of respect from RIM.
    I don't think either is better or worse, it's simply different. The thing I like about this new process is that you can easily do it one-handed. It kind of annoyed me before that I needed two hands to get the accent marks...

Edit: And if you think I support everything they do and don't ever have any complaints about their OS or anything: LOL

Ragbert likes this.
    10-13-15 09:34 PM
    Thank you for the response, but the old OP System allowed you to press the "n", scroll the desired symbol and press the cursor, one finger on cursor one on the key, now, you have to do a similar manuver but move quickly to select an option that appears and disappears quickly at the bottom of the screen and I have found no way to use the cursor to make the selection. I also have not found the rhyme or reason as to when it gives you the upper case option or the lower case. Depending if the desire letter or symbol is at the beginning of the word or not the option pops up. I type in english, spanish, italian, some french and german,, anyways if you used the old system hands down was quicker and logical. This is a change for the sake of change not for the sake of improvement. It is a syndrome in our society,, i see it in architecture as well,,, very frustating,,,
    10-13-15 10:11 PM
    -img_20151014_001416.png

That was taken about a minute after I long pressed the n key and let go. I don't see it disappearing...

10-13-15 11:15 PM
    I've found the BlackBerry 10 method to be much easier than the BBOS method. It was always counterintuitive having to press the key and then scroll to the letter I wanted when now I can select from multiple letters at once. The real advantage comes when you need to type in a language that has multiple variants of a letter, like Finnish or Estonian where you have multiple O's:

-img_20151014_055152.png

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    10-14-15 04:52 AM
    Thanks again,, the screen i sse you sent and the way it displays the "N" and the " ", does not look quite the same as in my classic, do you have the Q10, or Z10?? In the Classic I have to be careful not to scroll too fast if I want the lower "", if not the capital"", appears suddenly,, plus then rather than press the cursor to select, I have to move my hand from the key board to select the "", before all I had to do was press the cursor down, and select,,i have not found a way to select the desire letter with the keyboard and without having to tap the active screen..
    Again thanks++
    10-15-15 10:04 PM
    Thanks again,, the screen i sse you sent and the way it displays the "N" and the " ", does not look quite the same as in my classic, do you have the Q10, or Z10?? In the Classic I have to be careful not to scroll too fast if I want the lower "", if not the capital"", appears suddenly,, plus then rather than press the cursor to select, I have to move my hand from the key board to select the "", before all I had to do was press the cursor down, and select,,i have not found a way to select the desire letter with the keyboard and without having to tap the active screen..
    Again thanks++
    Try holding 'n' for a little longer.
    If you hold it for a short moment, it will capitalize N
    Keep it held, it will show you the options on the screen. The options will be displayed for as long as you don't click anything else.
    Ragbert likes this.
    10-15-15 11:41 PM
    Again thanks++
    If you're talking to me, I'm using a Classic. And yes, if you hold it too long it'll turn into a capital version of it, but I don't have any trouble letting go before that happens each time. And you do have to use the touchscreen because using the trackpad the phone assumes you mean to move the cursor because not everytime that you hold a letter you intend to do an accent mark.

10-15-15 11:43 PM
    Thank you guys, and I have tried it, and is exasperating, and for me and many others, the intuitive logical simplicity of the prior sequence was much better than this Nintendo approach.
    I cannot buy into " change for the sake of change", I hope RIM listens to its consumers, if not we are all going to be using active screen, social gaming devices, for the rest of our existence.
    Thanks agian for the tips.
    10-17-15 01:08 PM
    Thank you guys, and I have tried it, and is exasperating, and for me and many others, the intuitive logical simplicity of the prior sequence was much better than this Nintendo approach.
    I cannot buy into " change for the sake of change", I hope RIM listens to its consumers, if not we are all going to be using active screen, social gaming devices, for the rest of our existence.
    I don't understand honestly. I am not at all someone who likes anything newer for the sake of it. I'm one of the most vocal people here when I feel they've changed something that was better before. But at the same time I'm not someone who hates something just because it's different from the old method. I don't get how a method that only requires one hand to do is so much harder than a method that required two hands... I would favor it to work both ways, I guess for those of you used to the old way, and for those who would rather the method that can be done one-handed...

10-17-15 08:55 PM
    So it will! Thanks guys - 2 years into this phone and I still hadn't discovered that! Now I have a new toy!

Uh, yes it does work for a physical keyboard...

From my Q10, a long press on the letter n gives me:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150928_060114.png 
Views:	299 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	373434
    Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 12:21 PM
    I guess if they could that would be fine, I just feel if you already have one finger on the letter and another on the track button selecting, once you find what you are looking for, just press the track button and done.
    I was scrolling while pressing the key and was constantly getting a capital letter,, i do realize now if I do not scroll the choices do stay fixed so selecting on the screen is easier.
    For my taste I would prefer to just press the track button to make the selection, as a mouse and not have to go to the screen. Anyways thank you very much.
    10-18-15 02:15 PM
    Enjoy it!! Now you can use the spanish words "COOOOOO!", "maana" and "ao", not to be confused with "ano", which is the part of your body, one sits on,,,,
    Thanks++++++
    Ragbert likes this.
    10-18-15 02:20 PM
    Yes, I remember learning the difference between ao and ano at age 12, when I first studied Spanish.
    Enjoy it!! Now you can use the spanish words "COOOOOO!", "maana" and "ao", not to be confused with "ano", which is the part of your body, one sits on,,,,
    Thanks++++++
    10-18-15 02:39 PM
    10-18-15 11:38 PM
    I never had a BBOS7 (or earlier) phone, so I have no way to compare - and maybe I'm lucky, no need to learn any new tricks. But I'm happy with the way this works on my Q10.
    10-18-15 11:41 PM