I have been tasked with trying to get some images off of a Q10 which suffered water damage last week; the user had it in their pocket and thinks it got rained on.
    All I get from the phone at the moment is a blinking red light, Ive attempted to recover data using the link software, during this process I even managed to get the phone to come on briefly but it crashed very quickly to a blue screen and Ive not had any luck since. The link software will recognise that Blackberry is connected but cannot communicate with it.
    Has anyone ever managed to recover from a similar issue? The user has a new phone so at this point I just want to recover the photos from the internal storage.
    07-29-15 11:27 AM
    Yes I spilled nearly a whole glass of water on my phone, immediately wiped surface dry, pulled out battery, wiped down...heated it with the vents in my car (others have used blow dryers), but after that I waited an hour and put the battery back in and it worked.

Some others may mention putting it in a bag of rice, but I did not need to try that.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-29-15 12:00 PM
    As a hail mary, you might try sticking it in a bowl of uncooked white rice for a few days to wick/absorb the moisture...
    07-29-15 12:01 PM
    It's NOT the water that pooches the phone, but particles etc carried by the water. You should try an electronic cleaning solvent which will wash out crap with a non conductive fluid. My favorite is CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. Good luck.
    07-29-15 12:40 PM