Is hard reset is equivalent to security wipe??

Suppose I have a backup of my data through BlackBerry Link now I want to do a security wipe and after that I restore all the backup data through BlackBerry Link.. can I get my apps(BlackBerry + android apps) back which I installed before security wipe.??

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:32 AM
    Is hard reset is equivalent to security wipe??

Suppose I have a backup of my data through BlackBerry Link now I want to do a security wipe and after that I restore all the backup data through BlackBerry Link.. can I get my apps(BlackBerry + android apps) back which I installed before security wipe.??

Posted via CB10
    No its not the same as a security wipe and yes if you do a backup with link all your apps, android and blackberry will backup and restore.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:34 AM
    No its not the same as a security wipe and yes if you do a backup with link all your apps, android and blackberry will backup and restore.

Posted via CB10
    What is the difference between hard reset and restart??

What are the steps to do a hard reset??

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:37 AM
    What is the difference between hard reset and restart??

What are the steps to do a hard reset??

Posted via CB10
    Press the Volume up and down buttons at the same time, keep holding down until phone goes blank. It is the same process as taking a screen shot but hold down the buttons longer.
    If you do this a lot you will have a gallery of screen shots.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-02-15 07:59 AM
    This significant question remains unanswered. Perhaps, BlackBerry have an answer!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 08:28 AM
    This significant question remains unanswered. Perhaps, BlackBerry have an answer!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry... missed the question? What is it?
    05-02-15 10:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    What are you referring to? You need to use more of your words.

Posted using my BlackBerry Passport.
    05-02-15 10:44 AM
    I want to know when we will do hard reset and when we will do security wipe..
    I know my question is quite meaningless..

Actually what I want to say is :

I read an article that BlackBerry device need 2 times space of the os when you are installing a new os..
    Let 10.3.1 update is 1 gb.. so I need to keep 2 gb of space in my device..

So before installing 10.3.1 I did a security wipe.. that was my first and last security wipe..

If someone did hard reset then please mention the cause.. like for these these issues we have done hard reset and security wipe..

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:07 PM
    I want to know when we will do hard reset and when we will do security wipe..
    I know my question is quite meaningless..

Actually what I want to say is :

I read an article that BlackBerry device need 2 times space of the os when you are installing a new os..
    Let 10.3.1 update is 1 gb.. so I need to keep 2 gb of space in my device..

So before installing 10.3.1 I did a security wipe.. that was my first and last security wipe..

If someone did hard reset then please mention the cause.. like for these these issues we have done hard reset and security wipe..

Posted via CB10
    If you do the update via Link, you don't need the extra space.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:14 PM
    A hard reset simply restarts your device in a similar fashion to a battery pull on older devices that had a removable battery, and is completely different from a security wipe.

For updates that are performed over-the-air (OTA) on the device, it is recommended to have twice the size of the update available in device storage in order for it to be installed successfully. If you are running low on space, you can move files to an SD card (which I would recommend doing on a periodic basis anyways for backup purposes), and you can perform an update via BlackBerry Link which does not follow the aforementioned rule regarding space.

A security wipe really should only be performed when one of the following are true:

• You need to change the BlackBerry ID associated with your device.
    • You are selling the device and want to remove all of your personal data.
    • You are experiencing issues that standard troubleshooting procedures are unable to resolve.

It is sometimes recommended to perform a security wipe prior to or after using an autoloader (or reloading via BlackBerry Link) to install the device software on your phone but in most cases it is not necessary since both of these methods overwrite the user file system on the device, leaving it in a clean state as if you had started it up for the first time after purchase.
    05-02-15 01:23 PM