Can anyone tell me their most current and/or recent experiences with Google Voice on their BlackBerry device, more specifically, the Passport?

I am in the process of updating my information for business cards, and I would like to get a GV phone number rather than giving out my personal cell number.

I've tried to do some searches in the forums, but the posts are unclear and at best a few months old for apps like BlaCaDa.

Any information or insight into how it is working for you would be appreciated! Also, any alternatives to BlaCaDa, native or sideloaded and experience with those as well, would also be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    09-28-15 06:06 PM
    Every work around is half baked, the android apps won't show notifications, and blacada can be buggy. I wouldn't recommend using GV as your main number if your on a BlackBerry

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
    09-28-15 06:23 PM
    Thanks for your input... That's pretty disappointing though.

anyone else?
    09-29-15 08:49 AM
    We are the developer of BlaCaDa. It is designed to be an universal dialer and should help with placing outgoing calls using Google Voice. The app is integrated with the Contacts using the standard "Share Contact" feature of the BB10 OS. For inbound calls you simply need to configure your GV account to forward them to your mobile number.

Let us know if you have any questions - we will be glad to help.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-29-15 10:44 AM
    We are the developer of BlaCaDa. It is designed to be an universal dialer and should help with placing outgoing calls using Google Voice. The app is integrated with the Contacts using the standard "Share Contact" feature of the BB10 OS. For inbound calls you simply need to configure your GV account to forward them to your mobile number.

Let us know if you have any questions - we will be glad to help.
    I see that your app's release date was in November of 2014. When was the last update to your app?
    09-29-15 01:14 PM
    I see that your app's release date was in November of 2014. When was the last update to your app?
    The app was released in March 2013. The last update was in November 2014 to make adjustments to the screen resolution on the Passport. There are no functionality fixes needed in the latest versions of BB10. Currently we do work on few requests to add new features.

Please note that this solution works for the Voice calls with GV - not with text messaging. The app is also using the Contacts on the phone - not the ones stored in the GV account.

BlaCaDa was developed as universal dialer and works with many calling cards and calling services. One of its inherited features is that it can be used with the Google Voice dialing process. More information could be found in our post here - http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...dialer-903902/
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-29-15 02:47 PM