Newbie here, anyone give me a basic tutorial on installation of Google play store on bb10 or a link. Many thanks.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport silver edition
    08-31-15 03:11 PM
    08-31-15 03:13 PM
    I have literally no idea what that means but thanks

08-31-15 03:39 PM
    Thurask. No need for arrogance here pal, I would just rather get info from a reliable source of like minded people than risk my device getting bricked. Cheers for link though

08-31-15 03:51 PM
    Thurask. No need for arrogance here pal, I would just rather get info from a reliable source of like minded people than risk my device getting bricked. Cheers for link though

Mod Team Leader here, not sure how much more reliable you can get than that! The link posted is THE method for getting the Google Play store on your device. I have done it as have many others. NOW that being said it is not for the faint of heart, it involves using some user modified programs, as well as several different programs that are NOT native to your device, BUT once you follow the steps it does work. Can you mess it up? You sure can! If you are not familiar with rooting an android or jailbreaking an iphone then this process may not be for you.

It is also possible to use a Google Play companion program called Snap to add Google store apps to your device, but this too involves some work. You must sideload the Snap program to your device with a PC or Mac, and you must have an existing Google Play account.

Lastly you can just install apk files directly to your device via the web browser OR you can use the Amazon store.
    09-08-15 09:06 AM
    Nice post, pkcable. May I add that you can't brick the phone by installing the patched Play Store. The solution completely runs in the user context and has absolutely no possibility to touch any OS relevant components. This is what was the hardest part in the patching part - to make the Store run completely disconnected from the underlying OS (unlike the way it works on real Android, where the Store is a system file and has access to everything).
    pkcable likes this.
    09-08-15 10:37 AM

He was doing you a favor, not being arrogant. Many people on here would have told you to go do a search rather than just give you the link. He is one of the most helpful posters on this forum, along with Cobalt.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    09-08-15 11:34 AM