Don't know why sc don't just get on board with BlackBerry or release it to open source if they can't be bothered.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:34 PM
    They were open api but when the celebrity nudes were leaked or something they decided the open api was the cause of it, and since then there has been no third party Snapchat apps

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 05:32 PM
    ^^ this^^ I

StraightTalk Z30 10.3.1.2267
    Well disregard my comment.. lol.. I haven't tried the patch ever since these last two OS updates..

Posted via CB10
    ddlax22 likes this.
    04-28-15 06:16 AM
    Well disregard my comment.. lol.. I haven't tried the patch ever since these last two OS updates..

Posted via CB10
    Ah alright. Was worth a shot. We were much more hoping you had a working fix then shooting you down lol.

ddlax22 likes this.
    04-28-15 07:08 AM
    Did you guys take (join) the betazone survey re: os 10.3.2?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:47 AM
    Did you guys take (join) the betazone survey re: os 10.3.2?

Posted via CB10
    I did last night

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:17 AM
    Yup. Probably won't get in but it would be cool.

04-29-15 07:45 AM
    Yeah it would be cool to try that update out for sure.

Q10 on T-Mobile
    04-29-15 08:02 AM
    Is this off topic or would that OS solve the problem? Genuine question.

Regarding not being able to login to sc. Is it maybe worthwhile hitting up sc help and support or their twitter feed and letting them know our situation to see if a fix of some kind is possible?
    After all, nobody's doing anything wrong here according to their own t and c's. We're using official releases on a platform that's allowed to do so. Albeit an old version but 9.3.1.0 was only released on 9th March this year so it's not exactly from the dark ages. Maybe we should let them know where we're stuck at and can we solve the not logging in problem.

They've nothing to lose by attracting tens if not hundreds of thousands more users to their platform.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 12:54 PM
    Is this off topic or would that OS solve the problem? Genuine question.

Regarding not being able to login to sc. Is it maybe worthwhile hitting up sc help and support or their twitter feed and letting them know our situation to see if a fix of some kind is possible?
    After all, nobody's doing anything wrong here according to their own t and c's. We're using official releases on a platform that's allowed to do so. Albeit an old version but 9.3.1.0 was only released on 9th March this year so it's not exactly from the dark ages. Maybe we should let them know where we're stuck at and can we solve the not logging in problem.

They've nothing to lose by attracting tens if not hundreds of thousands more users to their platform.

Posted via CB10
    They changed something to disallow us from using it on our runtime. Idk what or why it seems that Google play services are intrinsically linked to Snapchat now.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 12:58 PM
    Yeah I get that mate. It will still work without g services though and has been previously so what have they changed that prevents it now?
    Possibly anyone trying to login with an older version.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 02:29 PM
    Yeah I get that mate. It will still work without g services though and has been previously so what have they changed that prevents it now?
    Possibly anyone trying to login with an older version.

Posted via CB10
    If you patch it to take away the services requirement, it won't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 03:04 PM
    So what happens if you don't patch it? Currently I'm using 9.3.1.0 it works the only downside is it asks for g services. Clicking outside the box just gets rid of the annoying pop up which I can live with if that's the case.
    Unless I'm reading this wrong the people here are saying that they now can no longer sign in even with old versions which means this is doomed if you sign out, correct?

If so what's changed then? Last week I was signing in with old versions or are the people experiencing issues trying to use the latest?

If I can get away with using an old version and click round the g services request then that would do me for how much I use the app. But if they are going to block this at some point I guess it is over.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 05:21 PM
    So what happens if you don't patch it? Currently I'm using 9.3.1.0 it works the only downside is it asks for g services. Clicking outside the box just gets rid of the annoying pop up which I can live with if that's the case.
    Unless I'm reading this wrong the people here are saying that they now can no longer sign in even with old versions which means this is doomed if you sign out, correct?

If so what's changed then? Last week I was signing in with old versions or are the people experiencing issues trying to use the latest?

If I can get away with using an old version and click round the g services request then that would do me for how much I use the app. But if they are going to block this at some point I guess it is over.

Posted via CB10
    That is correct. I believe they changed the allowance on servers for old app logins, and restricted them to (likely) 9.3.1 and newer. But those versions also force sign in with Google Play services, so they really have us snookered.

04-29-15 06:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oldest I remember trying was a 9.4 something and it would allow me to tap around the dialogue box, but then say I needed to update. And you are correct, the new versions restrict you from tapping around the box for g services.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 07:23 PM
    I just installed Cobalt's patches. I'm able to use the Play Store once again. Did some updates and downloaded a few games to test.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 03:17 PM
    I just installed Cobalt's patches. I'm able to use the Play Store once again. Did some updates and downloaded a few games to test.

Posted via CB10
    Will snapchat run with that?

04-30-15 05:56 PM

lol.. You know I won't be able to tell you because I ended up removing Google's stuff again because it was causing other android apps problems (not running).

Although I was able to play some games (the pop up for needing google play services continues, I just tapped around it).

Google Play Services?-img_20150430_162212.png

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 08:07 PM

Trust me man I've tried it all. Still nothing

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 08:40 PM
    Trust me man I've tried it all. Still nothing

Posted via CB10
    Never lose hope....well ok I think we'll give up on this ghost.

05-01-15 07:34 AM
    You never know. The ability to use Google apps and services may the rumoured card up chens sleeve. Or snapchat maybe go out of fashion and build a blackberry app to keep it alive.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 04:21 PM
    Cobolt232

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 04:25 PM
122 ... 345