Ok here's the thing. I am a truck driver and I am looking for a replacement phone. I just went from an Iphone 6 plus, to a small android phone. I am thinking that Blackberry Classic might be what I am looking for. I don't play games on my phone, but I do watch youtube and nextflix on it sometimes, which I understand the Classic can do, but it has a smaller screen. The phone will mainly be used to make calls, text, email for work, speaker phone. I do my banking on my phone. After being with T-Mobile and have crappy coverage, I am with sprint and the coverage is a little better but not by much. I was going to give Verizon a try with the Blackberry Classic, but they require a 2 year contract and the Classic is pretty expensive. I haven't been able to find a local store that has one in stock and or a Rep that knows anything about the phone. Even calling Verizon none of the Rep's have experience with the Classic or any of the Blackberry Devices. Now since I have to sign a two year contract, do you think it is wise to buy the Current Blackberry Classic or should I wait until this winter when its rumored there will be an Updated Classic with android and better hardware?
    07-03-15 12:12 PM
    Buy a unlocked or if you have enough patience and time. Then good to wait untill next device get launched

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 12:27 PM
    I would get a bigger screen like a passport, especially for utubing, just saying

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-03-15 12:30 PM
    All future devices are rumors now. Even the Slider's OS is a rumor. And if they happen, they all will be more expensive than the current Classic which is still only several months old. Deals are always occurring, maybe keep an eye out for a sale on the Classic. Then if a new device officially appears next year, you can upgrade if you want, or you may find you don't want to.
    07-03-15 12:34 PM
    Is you serious? Android classic?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    07-03-15 12:54 PM
    Verizon has way better coverage than sprint and att, that being said, att has the passport. I love my verizon classic. The screen is smaller but I watch youtube videos constantly on it with no issues. Verizon is useless if you are seeking a workers opinion, they guy who helped me said it was his first time ever holding one. Battery is awesome, keyboard is awesome, having the track pad back omg so awesome lol. I have no complaints with my decision to get a classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 01:58 AM
    Here's the thing, if you want to try out a BlackBerry Classic just go ahead & get it. I don't think an Android version of the BlackBerry is going to be released in the foreseeable future. It is only a rumour from the Android fan boys who wish to have BlackBerry running on Android.

There is no business case for BlackBerry to release an Android phone as it will not increase its sales or demand. I believe that the way to close the remaining app Gap on a BlackBerry smartphone is to update the BlackBerry 10 OS to include either Google Play store & replace Snap or just include Google Services in the OS just like iOS do it.

Then there will be no more app gap hence no more gripe by end users. The rest is marketing which BlackBerry is almost non-existing.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 03:44 AM
    Yes you will have to wait long time for announce of Android Classic and even longer for the release.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 05:19 AM
    I would get the passport. Since your a truck driver, your phone is usually on the dash, so pocket size not as issue.

Buy direct from BlackBerry, unlocked

Best phone I ever had, I love video on here

What 'the brink' on it last night, care of CartoonHD

Posted via CB10
    07-05-15 05:26 AM