I found a Blackberry Priv at Frankfurt's airport, and on spot I got greedy and decided I should keep it because I broke my phone in October and have been looking to buy a new phone ever since. Finding this was like--holy crap; prayers answered. However, I am feeling horrible because the phone looks brand new, no scratches, it is in peeerfect condition. Almost as if the person who lost it had just bought it. I tried accessing the phone in hopes of calling "home" and saying I found it, but there's a password and I don't know how to bypass it. There's probably also the anti-theft protection thing on it as well. What do I do? I feeel HORRIBLE for the greed that got me into this position and probably got the person nerve wrecked on his/hers entire trip. Is there a way of contacting the original owner?
    03-26-16 11:19 PM
    Pull the Sim to identify the carrier and contact them. They may be able to track the owner through sim number activation. Unlikely they would disclose any details to you but you could leave contact details.

OR...return device to airport lost and found

OR... if not in Frankfurt any longer provide it to your local authorities.

OR...send it back to BlackBerry. The owner may be able to be traced by the SIN.

OR... keep it in your home with device ON and hope that the owner believes you that you intended to return it when he tracks you down with any tracking utility which is activated on phone.

OR....throw it in trash and feel guilty for the rest of your life because you didn't turn it in to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 12:31 AM
    You should have just left the phone where you found it, or given it to airport security. Taking the phone was not nice. You took something not belong to you and couldnt figure out the most logical thing to do, but figured out how to come online to crackberry to ask for advice? You must be one of the dumbest crooks around.
    03-27-16 02:56 AM
    You should have just left the phone where you found it, or given it to airport security. Taking the phone was not nice. You took something not belong to you and couldnt figure out the most logical thing to do, but figured out how to come online to crackberry to ask for advice? You must be one of the dumbest crooks around.
    OP should have done things differently but is now hoping to reunite device with original owner...let's encourage that with possible solutions.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    03-27-16 03:13 AM
    OP only you know what was in your mind when you picked up the phone. Depending on the circumstances I might have picked up the phone to try to look for a lockscreen message that has instructions on how to return it. Or call them carrier on the SIM and help them to track down the owner. Etc. You've done nothing wrong so far. Even if the thought crossed your mind to keep it. No different really than finding a wallet full of cash and having the same internal conflict.

Z5 - E6853 / Android 6.0 / T-Mobile USA
    03-27-16 04:09 AM
    If you really want to return the phone to the owner, you know what to do. Do the right thing

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 04:25 AM