My father is finally going to trade in his flip phone and buy a used blackberry. I am just reaching out to anyone who can help with picking which one would work best for his situation. There are so many different models, and it's hard to differentiate one from another.

For the most part, these are the features that matter most

1. An actual phone. He makes a lot of phone calls a day, so the phone needs to keep up. Even with my iphone, it glitches all the time, which he wouldn't tolerate.

2. Email.

3. Keyboard. Considering he has been using T9, I think anything would be better, but I have read about how a lot of people prefer certain keyboards. He definitely texts a decent amount.

4. Battery life. This is a pretty big one. Granted, he will likely only use it as a phone, but it has to last all day.

5. I think 4g capability would be a good plus, even though I am pretty sure none of the blackberries he would get have true 4G

I think the more simple it is, the better. Something that relies a lot of touch screen wouldn't be ideal. Definitely think he would benefit from a track pad.

That being said, I don't want to get anything too dated. I was looking at the 9900. He has AT&T

Thanks,

Justin
    09-10-14 09:01 PM
    Get the Q10 over the 9900 so he can use regular data and then be able to switch phones more easily. Depending on if he has an upgrade readily available too so not sure what price he's willing to pay.

Just saw the trackpad bit, wait for the Classic unless immediate need
    09-10-14 09:17 PM
    For the requirements you mention, I think the 9900 Bold is your immediate available solution. Otherwise, the Classic would be the optimal option once it comes out.

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    09-10-14 10:36 PM
    What others said already. The 9900 remains a very fine device that meets your requirements. My wife just replaced her old 9900 with a brand new one as she loves the phone. Nothing else available today is going to have all the features you desire. There are phones available on the net today.
    09-11-14 10:17 AM